Compress a PDF online. Reduce the size of a PDF without downloading programs.
A Handy PDF Compressor To Reduce Your Files’ Size
Compressing a PDF is the action of reducing its size, that is, bringing down its weight so that it occupies less space. When you reduce the size of PDFs, they take up less room, so you can easily attach them to emails or upload them wherever you need to.
With the convenient tools at FormatPDF.com, you’re can straightforwardly compress PDFs online, in addition to making other modifications such as editing, converting or even dividing this type of file. Give our tools a try, and you’ll see how effective they are!
Compressing A PDF Has Never Been Easier
Would you like to know how to resize PDFs on our page? All you need to do is select the tool, choose the document, and reduce the PDF’s file size. As you see, it’s a simple process, just like uploading a document and clicking a button. Then, you just download the compressed file for free!
Fully Online PDF Size Reducer
Forget about downloading an app to compress files. With FormatPDF.com you can complete the process wholly online. Why download a PDF compressor when you can do it on a website? Think of all the tools we offer you, and how much space they would take up if you had to install them on your device. It’s much more convenient here!
Secure And Confidential
Compressing a document with our tool is 100% secure throughout the whole process. Working online, without having to download an app, significantly reduces the risk of you installing unwanted third-party programs or other software. Also, our site is fully protected, ensuring your privacy at all times. With our PDF compressor, you get optimum results, always.
Advertisements may be necessary for some, but most of the time they’re a nuisance. Imagine having access to state-of-the-art editing tools with ads randomly popping up! Your wish is our command, and with FormatPDF.com it’s possible: compress PDFs without losing quality, with no interruptions, and no advertisements.
Compress PDF Files On All Your Devices
What’s more, with our service, you can compress documents on any device you own. Our tool can reduce your PDFs’ size online on a PC, a smartphone, or a tablet. You can use our PDF compressor wherever you are, with the same excellent results you would get on your computer at home.
Compress As Many Files As You Need
1,2,3 … compress all your PDFs! Normally, if you need to resize PDFs, it's because you have many documents and they don’t all fit on your hard drive. Or maybe you just want to send PDFs as an email attachment and you need the files to be as small as possible. So go for it!
Step By Step: How To Resize A PDF
To resize a PDF with our tool, follow these steps:
- On the top of this page, you’ll find a button with the text “Select PDF file”. Click on this button to upload the document that you wish to compress. Alternatively, this button is surrounded by a dashed line area, into which you can drag and drop the file.
- Now’s the time to put the compression tool to work. Once the file has been uploaded, you’ll be offered three options to the right of the page:
- Maximum compression.
- Recommended compression.
- Low compression.
- Choose one of these options, and it will be highlighted in green. Bear in mind that the stronger the compression, the lower the quality of the file. Then, click the red “Compress PDF” button.
- Lastly, click on “Download” to retrieve your resized PDF. Et voilà!
Once These Steps Are Completed, You Might Need:
Once your file is compressed, you may want to split it to send various pages separately. Our split tool can help:
Alternative Ways To Compress PDFs
Online PDF Compressor On Windows
- Open your document with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
- In the lateral menu found on the right, click on the option “Compress PDF”.
- Click on the “Compress Now” option in the emerging window.
Resize PDFs On Mac
- Open your file with Mac’s Preview.
- Once the document is open, go to “File” and click on “Export”.
- In the emerging menu, look for the option “Quarts Filter”. Click on it and choose the option “Reduce PDF File Size” from the list.
- Lastly, click “Save” and you’ll have your compressed document.
Compress A PDF File On Android
- Open Adobe Acrobat Reader and click the “Files” menu on the lower part of your screen.
- Select the file you wish to compress and open it.
- Click on the three-dot icon on the upper right side of the screen.
- Unfold the lower menu and click on “Compress PDF”. Now all you need to do is follow the app's instructions.
Resize PDFs On iPhone/iPad
As such, to download an iPhone app, visit the App Store, search for “compress PDF”, and choose an app. Then, navigate to the file’s location, click on it, choose the option “Share”, and then select the compression app you’ve installed.
Frequently Asked Questions About Compressing A PDF
Do I reduce the document’s quality when I compress it?
Is the file’s compression percentage always the same?
Do I have access to a decompression app to use this tool?
What happens to my compressed files? Are they stored in the cloud?
Can I recompress a PDF that’s already been optimized?
Can I compress several PDFs at the same time?
Try These Other Online Tools From FormatPDF
Convert From PDF
Convert To PDF