It seems like a new age began when ChatGPT came out at the end of 2022. It is the era of ChatGPT, and it's so smart that everyone is surprised. Now, people are once again amazed by ChatPDF, which lets you talk to a PDF. It gives you a quick summary of everything in the PDF file and makes it easy to understand and examine.
You may need to use ChatPDF in various day-to-day situations. Suppose you are a student, and your professor asks you to extract text from a PDF file to use in a research paper. In such a case, you can use this tool and carry out your tasks in a few minutes. Moreover, if you are a business person, you may need to summarize a PDF to get the main points of a contract. That's exactly where this AI comes in handy.
In this article, we will give you a simple guide on how to use ChatPDF effectively for various tasks. This way, you can interact with your PDFs seamlessly and productively. Moreover, we will also discuss some of its features as well as its pros and cons. Let's get started!
Índice de Contenidos
What Is ChatPDF?
Although we are pretty sure you know, in case you don't, ChatPDF is a smart tool that allows you to talk to PDF files. It works by understanding your PDF file and, basically, the AI device reads through your file and creates a sort of "cheat sheet" of what's inside. Then, it talks to another smart AI that can easily understand your questions and answer them.
For example, you could ask this AI device, "What are the key steps in this process?" or "What is the main point of this document?" The tool will try to answer each of them with the help of all the information it has taken from your document.
Moreover, you can use this AI to find specific information in a PDF, such as a particular paragraph or sentence. That's not all, and it comes in really handy if you are dealing with large documents, like legal contracts, research papers, essays, books, and manuals.
However, if you ask an open-ended question, like the meaning of life, this AI might not have all the answers and may not be able to provide you with a good solution (yet). That's because the tool is still in its development stage and is still learning.
Well, don't worry, this AI has already learned to answer a wide range of questions and gets the best results when you ask a more clear, factual question. For instance, if you ask questions like "Who invented computers?" it will give you a correct answer.
Overall, ChatPDF is a great tool that can help you in extracting information from PDFs, especially larger ones. While it's still evolving, the tool is already skilled enough to answer a variety of questions. So, if you are someone who's looking for a faster way to access essential information from your PDF documents, this tool is definitely worth considering.
How To Use ChatPDF
Now that you know what ChatPDF is, it's time to show you how to initiate a conversation with a file using this smart device. However, remember that the size of your PDF file is limited to 120 pages. So, if you have a file with more than 120 pages, you will have to split it into two; for that, you can use "Split PDF" by FormatPDF.
Here's a simple guide on how to ChatPDF:
- Visit the official ChatPDF website.
- If you wish to keep a record of your chat, log in using your Google account.
- Next, you can either drag and drop your PDF file directly into the chat window or click on the "Upload" button to choose a PDF file stored on your device.
- This AI tool will then get to work analyzing your PDF file and creating a kind of "cheat sheet" with the important stuff.
- Now, you can start asking questions about the document you have uploaded. Anything you are curious about, just type it in!
- It will do its best to answer all of your questions by using the information gathered from the PDF file.
Moreover, if you want a quick summary of the file, you can also ask this AI to provide that for you.
What You Need To Know About Using ChatPDF
These are some of the things that you need to keep in mind while using this AI:
- ChatPDF is a freemium tool, so you can use both its free plan as well as the premium one. However, the free version is limited to 3 uploads a day and capped at 120 pages for each document.
- Of course, there's a size limit on the AI tool, and it can only read files that are 10MB or less. So, if you have a larger file, you will have to compress it.
- If the PDF file you want to upload on this AI contains too many images, videos, or various other non-text elements, this AI tool won't be able to process and read it correctly.
- Always make sure that the questions you ask are specific. In fact, the more detailed your requests are, the better this AI tool will understand, and as a result, you will get more correct responses.
- Obviously, you need to use natural language while asking a question. Try to avoid coding your requests as much as possible.
- You need to understand that this AI device is still in its development stage, so it may not be able to understand some of your requests properly. If that's the case, try rephrasing your request.
- It currently supports PDF, HTML, DOC, and TXT files, so make sure that the files you upload from your device are in supported formats. Also, if you are providing a link to your file, make sure it is publicly accessible.
- Remember that if your PDF is password protected or is not publicly shared, this AI tool won't be able to access it. In such a case, you can unlock these files using an online tool.
- If you want to summarize a PDF file using this AI tool, make sure your file is not too big or too complex.
Key Features Of ChatPDF
With ChatPDF, you can talk to your PDF files like you talk to people, and it will quickly talk back to you. It means you won't have to spend a lot of time reading every part of your PDF to find what you need. In fact, this AI device makes your work or studying easier and faster.
Here are some of the key features of ChatPDF:
- ChatPDF works with PDFs of all lengths and types: In fact, it doesn't matter if it's a short document or a really long one. The AI tool can handle PDFs such as business reports, research papers, textbooks, and more.
- It uses the interface of ChatGPT to process user queries and generate results: this AI tool talks with users in a friendly way, using another smart AI called ChatGPT. You can just chat with it like you would with a friend, and it helps you with your PDFs.
- ChatPDF has a beginner-friendly interface: It is specially designed to be simple. So that even if you are not an expert in AI or PDFs, you can still upload your PDF and start asking questions with ease.
- It is a multilingual tool: This AI understands and speaks different languages, so you can use it in your own language to understand your PDF files even better.
- ChatPDF helps save a lot of your time: It is an amazing tool that can quickly find various information in your PDFs, so you don't have to read through the whole thing. It is super useful, especially if your file is really large and hard to understand.
Pros And Cons Of ChatPDF
ChatPDF offers several the following advantages:
- It's a user-friendly web app for quick PDF tasks.
- If you ask factual questions, this AI tool will give you accurate answers.
- It allows file sharing and task requests.
- You can choose between free and premium plans for enhanced features.
- The tool ensures PDF file privacy and offers manual deletion.
Some limitations of ChatPDF are as follows:
- The free plan of ChatPDF restricts file sizes to 10MB.
- It allows up to 120 pages per document.
- You can only ask 50 questions a day.
- This AI tool may not be able to process complex PDFs with technical elements such as tables or codes.
- It's not always 100% accurate.