PDF is one of the most popular file formats and has gained even more weight during the last years. It's an essential type of file in various sectors such as administration, office work, job search, education, and more. In fact, when it comes to sharing files, PDF is the most preferred format. However, it can be of different sizes and include multiple pages. So, it would help if you had an idea of how to split PDF pages.
If you're here, you might have encountered a situation where you have to share a PDF file with many pages. In such a case, you might see that it's impossible to attach your file to the email due to its size. Alternatively, you might only want to share some of the pages with someone as it isn't necessary to send everything. Whatever the case may be, knowing how to split PDF pages in half always gives you an upper hand.
In this article, we're going to show you the best and easiest ways to split PDF pages in half. The methods we're going to discuss are easy to use and can be used with any operating system. So, without wasting much of your precious time, let's get started!
Índice de Contenidos
How To Split PDF Page In Half
Splitting PDF pages in half is way more accessible and straightforward than ever imagined. In fact, you don't have to install or download any program on your device to carry out the task. All you need is an internet connection.
This is how you can split PDF pages in half with "Split PDF":
- Go to formatpdf.com/en/split-pdf/.
- Once you get to its homepage, you'll have to upload the PDF you want to split in half. To do that, you can easily drag and drop your file onto the place that says "OR DRAG AND DROP THE PDF HERE". Alternatively, you can click on "Select PDF file" and choose the file of your choice.
- Soon after your PDF file gets uploaded, you'll see the thumbnails of your files on the left and a series of options on the right. You can select between extract pages and split them by ranges.
- Once you're done choosing the option or options of your choice, click on "Split" to start the process of splitting your PDF file into half.
- Finally, download the final documents by clicking on the "Download PDF" option.
What You Need To Know About Split PDF Page In Half
Now, we're going to reveal a few considerations and tips that will allow you to make the whole procedure of splitting PDF pages into half a lot more beneficial for you. In fact, you'll see that the results are good. However, there are things that are only sometimes fully taken into account.
Some of the tips to keep in mind are as follows:
- Like there are tools to split PDF pages in half, there are various tools available on the market to merge PDF files. That way, you can reconstruct your original file.
- It's always an excellent option to keep a copy of your original file so that you don't have to merge it if needed.
Here You Can: Split Big PDF Files
- Of course, this tool works entirely online, so you don't have to download and install any app later. Moreover, that way, you can avoid the threat of viruses affecting your device and getting your data stolen.
- Make sure to check your final PDF files before sending these to someone else. That way, you'll appear more professional.
- Moreover, you might have to split PDF pages in half using different methods every time. And the procedure to carry out this activity will depend entirely on your requirements.
Which Programs Allow You To Split PDF Page In Half
Indeed, you can use the mentioned tool on every computer or operating system (such as Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android). However, if you don't want to use this tool (method), various other alternatives are available. In this section, we'll be talking about different tools or software that you can use to split PDF pages in half on different devices.
Split PDF Page In Half From The PC
The most common operating systems for purchasing a PC are Windows, Mac, and Linux. There are programs or tools that work on all three of them (such as the one we've mentioned above). However, there are other apps that work on specific operating systems. And having knowledge of using these kinds of tools for splitting PDF pages in half is also essential.
Windows 10 And Prior Versions Of Windows
For Windows (10 or prior versions of Windows) users, splitting PDF pages in half is very simple. All you need is to have a web browser such as Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox installed on your PC. And use the tool mentioned above. That's because "Split PDF" works in the cloud. It's good since you don't have to download any software.
Splitting PDF pages in half on a Mac is quite similar to that on Windows PC. The only difference in the case of Mac is that you can use Safari (Mac's own web browser), and the rest is the same. However, you can also use other browsers (as mentioned in Windows), though Safari is the best.
If you're using a Linux computer and want to split PDF pages in half, you will have a lot of options. It comes with various free programs that you can use to carry out this task. In fact, it offers functional alternatives to typically used software. Moreover, the Google Chrome web browser is compatible with Linux, so that you can use the above-mentioned tool.
Split PDF Page In Half From Your Smartphone Or Tablet
Sometimes you might have to send PDF files using your smartphone or tablet. That's because it's something you will always carry. Therefore, it's essential to know how to split PDF pages in half on mobile devices.
Android phones or tablets work perfectly with the tool (designed to split PDF pages in half) we've mentioned above. It's because the primary browser of this operating system is Google Chrome. However, you can easily install any app from a list of applications from the Google Play Store. We recommend using the one with good ratings and reviews.
iPhone (iOS) Or iPad
Just like Android, iOS (iPhone and iPad) is also compatible with the cloud-based tool to split PDF pages in half. However, if you don't want to use that, there are other alternatives as well. You can install apps that are specifically made to carry out this operation. All you need is to go to the Apple App Store and type in "Split PDF".