If you're tired of trying to figure out how to split a PDF into two documents (that is, how to convert one PDF file into two files), you aren't alone in this. In fact, this is one of those things that make us want to tear our hair out! Well, don't worry, there's good news for you. You can split a PDF into two with some knowledge about it.
While you might not have the need to split a PDF file into two documents, it can arise at the most inconvenient times. For example, if your PDF file is too large to be sent over email, you'll have to split it into two documents to send it. Moreover, if you're at a place where you need to upload your files, but your file is too big, in such a situation, you're required to split it.
Whether you've got a Windows device or a Mac, an Android phone or an iOS, or even a Linux os, we got your back with some simple ways to split 1 PDF into 2 documents. While online tools are undoubtedly the best tool for carrying out this activity, there are other alternatives.
Índice de Contenidos
How To Split A PDF Into Two Documents
The easiest way to split a PDF into two documents is to use online software like "Split PDF". Thanks to the well-known and widely used FormatPDF, you can carry out this task without having to download and install any third-party program on your device as it's one hundred percent online.
For splitting a PDF into two documents, you'll only need to follow the following instructions:
- Go to formatpdf.com/en/split-pdf/.
- Click on the red button that reads "Select PDF file" to upload the file you need to split. Once you click that button, you'll be able to select the PDF file that needs to be divided into two. Or else, you can simply drag the file directly into the box that says, "Or drag and drop PDF here".
- The moment you choose the PDF file, the software will automatically start the process of uploading it onto the tool. The process usually takes a few seconds only.
- A split menu will appear on the screen where you can determine how you need to split your PDF file. In this case, choose how do you want to split the PDF into 2 using the custom ranges option, or try the function for extracting pages.
- Lastly, click on the "Split" button.
After splitting your PDF into 2, check also the option to merge PDF, which will allow you to join back the two files you have just split. And in the case that something goes wrong with the order of the pages of your file, try our tool to change the page order of a PDF.
What Do You Need To Know About Split A PDF Into Two Documents
Since we already know how to split a PDF into two documents using online software, we should now look at a few things we need to keep in mind while doing this activity. Here are a few aspects to keep in mind:
- Sometimes while splitting a PDF file, the pages can differ between the resulting PDFs. Hence, it's important to verify the size of the pages before saving them. This is especially essential when you use these PDF files for publishing or marketing materials as they can affect the print size.
- The importance of saving the original PDF file before splitting it into two is inevitable. That's because you may want various combinations of files from the original one. So, you should permanently save the main file first.
Maybe This Is What You Were Looking For: How To Split PDF Into Images
- Depending on the device you're using for splitting a PDF file into two documents, it's vital to use different methods. For example, the process of carrying out this activity on Windows differs from that on Mac.
- You might need to use different methods for splitting a PDF file into two documents every time, depending on your needs.
Which Programs Allow You To Split A PDF Into Two Documents
Using online software such as "Split PDF" to split a PDF into two documents will save time. However, various other methods can be used to carry out this activity. In this section, we'll focus on the best programs you can use to split your file into two.
Split A PDF Into Two Documents From The PC
Knowing how to split a PDF file into two documents on a computer (Mac, Linux, or Windows) is quite important, especially if you want specific data from a huge file. In this particular section, we'll talk about the best way to split a file into two on different computer operating systems.
Windows 10 And Prior Versions Of Windows
If you use Windows 10 or other previous versions (such as Windows 8, Windows XP, and more) and want to split a PDF file into two, Adobe Acrobat Reader is undoubtedly one of the best options for you. In fact, most Windows users use this installable program for splitting a PDF file into two documents.
Mac users searching for different ways to split a PDF file into two documents isn't new. If you're also searching for the same, we have good news. Mac devices come with a native program called Preview that allows you to split your file into two. This Apple tool is a complete PDF viewer program that can also be used for editing.
If, for some reason, using online software for splitting a PDF file into two documents on Linux didn't convince you, don't worry; there are various other alternatives available that you can try. You can install PDFShuffler on your device. It's a practical python-gtk application that allows you to split a PDF into two files quite easily and quickly.
Split A PDF Into Two Documents From The Smartphone Or Tablet
If you've got a smartphone or tablet (iOS, Android, or iPad), splitting a PDF file into two documents can be straightforward. Here's how to carry out the task:
Sadly, Android devices don't have an in-build application to split a PDF file into two from the smartphone or tablet. However, don't worry; the Google Play Store is there to help you in this situation. You can install Adobe Acrobat Reader on your device (which is currently the best app for carrying out this task). It's a subscription-based program, of course.
iPhone (iOS) Or iPad
For any iPhone (iOS) Or iPad user, one of the best ways to split a PDF into two documents is to install a third-party program called the "Split & Merge" application on your device. It helps break and join PDF files, allowing you to carry out the task quite effectively. You can simply search for this program on the App Store.