If you've stumbled upon this article, you're likely curious about how to scan files to PDF format. Nowadays, most printers come equipped with a scanner, and scanners are also available for purchase. However, you may not always have access to a scanner. Not to worry - there are several ways to achieve the same outcome without needing a scanning device, thanks to our JPG to PDF converter.
Additionally, even if you use a scanner, you may not obtain the desired results because scanning programs frequently save files in JPG or JPEG image format. Therefore, you may need to convert the file from JPG to Adobe’s format. While you can accomplish this task using an online tool, having more options is always preferable.
This article will teach you the ideal process for scanning papers to PDFs. We'll outline the most straightforward techniques for both mobile devices and scanning with a computer. Even if you don't have a scanner, we'll demonstrate how you can quickly and easily scan using your smartphone or tablet instead. Let’s get into it!
Índice de Contenidos
How To Scan To PDF Format
Let us now guide you through the process of scanning a document and converting it to Adobe’s format. We will explain the two most commonly used methods, so get ready!
The first method involves using a scanner, either as a standalone device or as part of a printer. Follow these steps:
- First, make sure that your computer has the necessary drivers for the device's settings installed and that it’s connected to the scanner via cable or WiFi.
- You’ll need scanning software to scan your document. Most scanners come with their own software that you can install. They all work in a similar manner:
- Start the software.
- Select the "Scan" option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- The software usually provides a pre-scan button, a "Save" location, and a format option. The latest scanners differentiate between scanning from a photocopy and pre-digitization. The latter is recommended for text, while pre-digitization allows you to preview the result.
- Select the "Save as PDF" option (sometimes referred to as "Microsoft Print to PDF"). The software will do its thing, and that’s it! Your document is scanned to PDF.
Alternatively, you can use a camera app on your smartphone or tablet. The easiest way to scan from a mobile device is to simply take a photo of the document using your device's camera and then convert it to a PDF file. However, you can also use specialized software for this purpose.
Furthermore, if you wish to convert the format of images, you can easily use the top-performing online tool called "JPG To PDF". You can do this from your smartphone in a matter of seconds by following these simple steps:
- Take a photo of the item you want to convert.
- Upload the photo to the following web page: formatpdf.com/en/jpg-to-pdf/.
- Convert the image and download the file. And that's it!
What You Need To Know About Scanning To PDF Format
As you may have seen, scanning documents into PDF is a simple process. But it's crucial to consider a number of suggestions, which we'll provide for you below:
- It’s important to scan every page of your manuscript to ensure that the resulting PDF file is complete, and ready to save, upload or send.
- Naturally, scanning paper to a PDF file is necessary if you intend to share it via email, as PDFs are more universally compatible than other formats.
- Additionally, you ought to try scanning it in actual size to prevent any validity issues. If the file ends up being too big, you can compress it.
- Of course, it's essential to keep in mind the order of your document while converting multiple pages to Adobe format. For instance, if you need to convert five pages, make sure that all the pages are in the correct order. Otherwise, luckily, you can reorder the pages once you’ve scanned them.
Which Programs Allow You To Scan To PDF Format
Aside from online tools, there are other options available for scanning multiple pages. All major operating systems, including Windows, iOS, Mac, Linux, and Android, have some of the best solutions we've discovered. Let's take a closer look at each of these.
Scan Images to PDF Format on a PC
Creating a PDF file on a PC, such as Windows, Mac, or Linux, is relatively simple. However, the process of scanning paper documents to your desired format is different. Not to worry, we'll guide you through the process. Let's explore these options in more detail.
Scan to PDF on Windows 10 and Prior Versions
For Windows 10 and prior versions, it's highly recommended to use the "Scanner" software to scan documents to Adobe format. Using this program, we can quickly digitize the document to the desired format. Here are the steps:
- Use the Windows search bar to find the Scanner software, and launch it.
- Insert your document into the scanner, and ensure it’s displayed correctly.
- Select "PDF" from the "File Type" drop-down box.
- Click the "Digitize" button.
Scan to PDF on Mac
If you're a Mac user, scanning paper documents is a breeze. This is because Apple computers come with the built-in "Preview" program that allows you to scan multiple pages to Adobe format. Simply click on the "Import from scanner" option in the "File" menu, choose the scanner, and proceed with scanning your document.
Scan to PDF on Linux
Linux offers several programs for scanning paper documents to Adobe format. Among them, Simple Scan stands out for its ease of use. Additionally, you have the option of digitizing in either JPG or PDF format, eliminating the need for any format conversion. However, we recommend using an online tool if you're using a Linux device.
Scan Images to PDF Format on a Smartphone or Tablet
Fortunately, there are several quick and easy ways to scan multiple pages on your mobile device. So, if you're wondering how to do it, just head to the following section.
Scan to PDF Format on Android
If you want to scan multiple pages to Adobe format using your Android device, we've got good news for you. You can easily download an application from the official Google Play Store, and the best part is that most of these apps are free (although you may encounter a few ads).
Scan to PDF Format on iPhone or iPad (iOS)
On an iPhone or iPad, scanning your pages is just as easy as it is on an Android device, but you'll need to look for the software in the App Store, which is the official Apple store for these devices. Some options include Scanner, Microsoft Office Lens, and iScanner, to name a few.
You May Also Like To Read: