If you've ever dealt with PDFs, you're likely aware of their potential to become massive in size. There are instances where you may have a lengthy and expansive file, but you require a single page from it. In such cases, having all the unnecessary pages becomes pointless, doesn't it? Fortunately, you can easily address this by learning how to extract a specific page from a PDF file using a PDF splitting tool.
There are various reasons why one might want to learn how to save a single page from a PDF file. For instance, if you have a sizable document but only require a specific page or two, having the entire file becomes unnecessary. Even compressing the PDF online won't be helpful in such cases. Therefore, the best approach would be to split the file and save only the desired page.
In this article, we will discuss various methods for saving a single page from a PDF file. Additionally, we will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to extract and retain a specific page of a document. So, without any delay, let's begin!
Índice de Contenidos
How To Save One Page Of A PDF Step-By-Step
To save a single page of a PDF, you have the option to utilize online software like "Split PDF." Thanks to FormatPDF, splitting a PDF has become effortless, as you can accomplish it entirely online without the need to install any third-party programs.
To learn the process of saving a single page, just follow these straightforward instructions:
- Visit https://www.formatpdf.com/en/split-pdf/
- Click on the prominent red button labeled "Select PDF file" to upload the file you wish to split. You can either click the button to browse and select the file or directly drag and drop the PDF into the designated area that says "Or drag and drop PDF here."
- Once you have selected the desired file, the tool will automatically begin uploading your file. This typically takes only a few seconds.
- After the upload process is complete, you will see a split menu where you can specify how you want to divide the PDF precisely.
- Finally, click the "Split" button to initiate the splitting process, and you're all set!
Your file has now been successfully split! If you require the split page to be incorporated into another document, you can utilize the merge PDF online tool. On the other hand, if you need to make any modifications to the document, we recommend trying out our online PDF editor.
What You Need To Know About Saving One Page Of A PDF
When saving and extracting a single page from a file, there are important considerations to keep in mind. Here are the following points:
- Rename the saved file: After saving and extracting a page, it is advisable to give the resulting file a distinct name. This facilitates easy identification and prevents confusion with the original file.
- Remove any restrictions: Before saving a single page from a PDF, ensure that there are no restrictions in place that could hinder the process. For example, if the document is set as read-only, splitting it into individual pages may not be possible. Disable any read-only settings to proceed smoothly.
- Create a backup: It is always recommended to create a backup of the original file before saving a single page. This serves as a precautionary measure, ensuring that the original file remains intact and readily available.
Check Also The Reverse Steps: How To Merge 2 PDF Files Into 1
Alternative Programs To Save One Part Of A PDF
When utilizing an online tool such as "Split PDF" to perform this specific task, there are several methods available. In the following section, we will look at some alternatives to get the job done, regardless of the device you are using.
Save One Page Of A PDF On A PC
Gaining knowledge on how to save a single part of a file on a PC (Windows, Mac, or Linux) can be advantageous, particularly when you require specific information from a lengthy document. In the following sections, we will explore the optimal methods for accomplishing this task on different PC operating systems.
Windows 10 And Prior Versions Of Windows
If you are using Windows 10 or earlier versions of Windows such as Windows XP or Windows 8, Adobe Acrobat Reader is a highly recommended option. It is widely favored by many individuals for saving and extracting a single page from a file. In fact, it is often the go-to choice for this task due to its availability as an installable alternative.
It's not uncommon for Mac users to seek methods for saving a single page from a document. If you are one of them, here's some good news. Mac computers come equipped with a program called Preview, which serves as a comprehensive PDF viewer. Within this program, users have the ability to split PDFs, providing a convenient solution for extracting specific pages.
If you are not convinced or prefer not to use an online tool like "Split PDF" for any particular reason, there are other alternatives available for you to explore. One such option is PDFShuffler, which is a convenient Python-based application that allows you to accomplish the task easily and swiftly. It provides a user-friendly solution for splitting PDFs to extract specific pages.
Save One Page Of A PDF On A Smartphone Or Tablet
If you are utilizing a smartphone or tablet, whether it's running on Android, iOS, or iPad, you have the convenience of easily and swiftly saving a single page from a file. Here’s how:
In contrast to Mac, Android devices do not have a built-in app for splitting PDFs directly from smartphones or tablets. However, there is no need to worry as there are numerous apps available on the Google Play Store that are designed for saving and extracting single pages from PDFs. Among the various options, Adobe Acrobat Reader stands out as the most popular choice. While it is a paid application, it provides the specific functionality you require.
iPhone (iOS) Or iPad
If you are an iPhone or iPad user, saving a single page from a file becomes effortless with the help of a third-party application called "Split & Merge." This app allows users to split and join PDFs, providing a convenient solution for carrying out this task with ease. Simply visit the App Store and search for the app to access its functionalities.