Although there are specific files that can be easily converted to other formats, unfortunately, sometimes that isn't the same for Excel files. Moreover, it's possible to embed Excel data into different forms thanks to Excel to PDF converters. But, due to formatting, Excel files can't be easily converted into other document formats such as PDF files. Nevertheless, if you need to save Excel as a PDF file, you'll have to convert your file to let all the data be presented without losing its layout.
There are various scenarios where you might need to save your Excel document as a PDF instead of a spreadsheet. For instance, maybe you don't want your document to be editable or just want to send only a specific portion of a large spreadsheet. Whatever the reason is, saving Excel as PDF always comes in handy.
No doubt, saving an Excel document as a PDF file might get a little confusing, and the resulting file often seems different from the actual record. However, we have other methods that allow us to save your Excel as PDF without changing its layout. Here's a detailed study about the same.
Índice de Contenidos
How To Save Excel (.XLS or .XLSX) As PDF
We all know how important it's to save Excel file as a PDF to prevent other individuals from manipulating our documents. However, not everyone wants to download and install an application on their devices to complete this action. And that's where online tools came into force. You can use these tools without having to download any third-party app on your device. You can use the well-known "Excel to PDF" to convert your Excel file into a PDF. These are the straightforward steps you need to follow:
- Go to formatpdf.com/en/excel-to-pdf/.
- Tap on the button that says "Select Excel files", which appears at the top of the page.
- Choose the file(s) in .xml, .xlt, .xls, or other Excel format that you need to convert into a document with .pdf extension. Once you're done selecting the required files, upload all of them to the platform.
- Lastly, tap on the "Convert to PDF" button that will appear on your screen. Your Excel spreadsheet will be transformed into PDF in a matter of a couple of seconds. And you're ready to download your resulting document.
What Do You Need To Know About Save Excel As PDF
Before jumping at the various programs that allow you to save .xls or .xlsx as a PDF file, let's see some of the critical aspects that we need to take into consideration while carrying out this action:
- The resulting PDF document you get will have the same formatting as the Excel spreadsheet. If, for instance, you save an excel with "Red" text as a PDF file, remember that the final document will have "Red" text. If the excel file has text written in "Times New Roman" format, the PDF file will have the same.
- The formatting of Excel will be respected in the resulting PDF file. For example, if your Excel file has two different text styles, your final PDF file will also have those two text styles in the same PDF document.
In Case You Need to Split The File: How To Save One Page Of A PDF
- Of course, you can rename your final PDF file while downloading the same. However, if you keep it unchanged, your PDF file will have the same name as the original excel spreadsheet.
- The final PDF file will have cells (rows and columns) like an Excel sheet. More precisely, your PDF file will look exactly like an spreadsheet, with rows and columns.
Which Programs Allow You To Save Excel As PDF
Online tools are, undoubtedly, the best way to save Excel as PDF files. Though, there are times when we don't want to use an online tool to protect our Excel document in a PDF format to avoid risking our data. Thankfully, with third-party and inbuilt programs, your data is secured.
Save Excel As PDF From The PC
You can obviously use an online tool to save your Excel document as PDF on your Windows, Mac, and Linux. However, there are other good alternatives that you can use for different operating systems. That's why we've made this straightforward guide on saving Excel as PDF on the Windows, Mac, and Linux operating system.
Windows 10 And Prior Versions Of Windows
If you've got a computer with Windows (10 and other prior versions) and need to save Excel as a PDF file, you're in luck, as it allows you to carry out the task without any complications. Although there are other tools that you can use for that, if your device has Excel in it, you don't need any extra application.
For anyone who needs to save Excel documents as PDF files on Mac operating systems, numerous options are available that allow you to convert Excel into PDF files. While it's good to use the Numbers spreadsheet to convert an Excel document to a PDF file on Mac, you've other alternative applications that can efficiently conduct the transformation.
Converting an Excel file to PDF is accessible, primarily if you use a .NET spreadsheet manipulation API named Aspose.Cells for .NET. It's an influential and well-known class library with various spreadsheet manipulation features. Alongside saving an Excel file as a PDF document, you can use the Aspose.Cells for .NET program to do other activities as well.
Save Excel As PDF From The Smartphone Or Tablet
Smartphones and tablets are convenient in every respect, and saving Excel as a PDF file is no exception. In this section, we'll learn about all these in more detail.
You can save Excel as PDF on an Android operating system; a good range of tools tet you to do the task in the Google Play Store. You just need to search for "Excel to PDF converter" in the search bar and select a good option for yourself. Download and install the app on your Android device and do as required.
iPhone (iOS) Or iPad
Saving an Excel file in PDF format on an iPhone (iOS) or iPad is relatively easy and can be done using a Numbers app that you can download from the Apple App Store. It allows the users to convert Excel files to PDF documents without a problem. However, you can always install other programs from the App Store.