Resizing a PDF is a common request. If the current dimensions of your document don’t match the specifications required, then you’ll need to take action to alter your file. The good news is it can be achieved, and there are plenty of online methods that will allow you to complete this task. A resize tool is relatively easy to get hold of nowadays.
When you compress documents, you reduce their size. The result is you can free up space on your device. It also makes them easier to share over email and online channels. Luckily, there is an easy and straightforward way to reduce the size of your document if you use an online tool.
Mac users can use FormatPDF’s resizing tool to complete their task. If you need to compress the size of the pages of your PDF, this method works in a flash. Mac users will find the tool is compatible with Apple systems and can be used happily on Mac. Simply resize your file by compressing it using our online tool. We’ve detailed the full steps you need to follow to get started. Let’s begin!
Índice de Contenidos
How To Resize A PDF File On Mac Using FormatPDF Step-By-Step
FormatPDF can help Mac users to resize their documents for free and without having to download any additional programs. It’s a simple process that is so fast it only takes a few seconds. Once the process is complete, you simply download your new, compressed document.
If you’re ready to dive in, follow the steps below.
- Click https://www.formatpdf.com/en/compress-pdf/
- Navigate to “Select PDF file” to upload the document that you’d like to transform. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the file into the area that states, “Or drag and drop the PDF here”.
- Once you’ve uploaded, you’ll be presented with three options to the right of the page:
- Maximum compression.
- Recommended compression.
- Low compression.
- If you want the best balance of quality and reduction, then opt for “Recommended compression”. Otherwise, make your decision based on your desired result.
- Once you’re happy, click the red “Compress PDF” button and the tool will transform your document.
- In a few seconds, your document will be compressed. Click on “Download” to receive your document.
What You Need To Know About Resizing A PDF On Mac
There are a few things to consider before you get started with transforming your file. We’ve got what you need to know below:
- Confirm the size of your PDF by finding it in your PC’s document viewer. Simply right-click and go to “Properties” to reveal the information.
- By compressing your files, you can save on extra storage hardware costs. Compressed files are easier to store as they take up significantly less space, meaning you will be able to get more out of your storage capacity. You won’t need to splurge on subscriptions or buying more storage space.
- You can use FormatPDF to resize files that have already been compressed, though it won’t result in a smaller file. The first time you reduce the size it is reduced to the maximum amount.
- You can use FormatPDF’s online tool to compress more than one document at a time. Simply follow our guide detailed above and instead of selecting one item, upload multiple ones before you hit compress.
Alternatives To Resize A PDF On Mac
By compressing your document, you can reduce space and store more files on your Mac. It’s also a more effective way to share documents over email. Although FormatPDF provides a convenient way to reduce your files, it’s good to be aware of all the options before you choose a method. Read on for the best alternative methods to reduce your file on Mac.
Options To Resize A PDF On Mac
Mac users can use a number of different methods to change their documents. Let’s put those methods under the microscope.
Mac users can change their document using the default editor program for Mac, Preview. Compress your document by following the step-by-step instructions detailed below:
- Open your file by double-clicking it or by right-clicking and heading to “Open With” > “Preview”.
- Next, click “File” > “Export”.
- In the “Quartz Filter” drop-down box select “Reduce File Size”.
- Click to complete the process.
An alternative way to transform your file is by using Adobe Acrobat. Follow the instructions below to reduce your document:
- Open your document in Adobe Acrobat.
- Head to “File” > “Reduce File Size” or “Compress PDF”.
- Select the compression level from high, medium or low, depending on your desired result. The general rule is the higher the compression level the smaller the file and the least quality output. If you opt for low compression, you will retain the highest level of quality and the largest file size.
- When finished you can select “Download” to access your file.