PDFs often contain hyperlinks to direct readers to additional information or content. Perhaps you wish to add context to what you’re discussing, or you wish to demonstrate your point further. There are many reasons to enable your reader to travel outside your document. However, if the hyperlink does not serve a purpose anymore, you may wish to remove it from the document. If this sounds like your current situation, we have the answer!
In this post, we’ll explain how you can easily remove hyperlinks from your file. We’ll provide an example of a quick and simple method using FormatPDF’s online tools. Also, to provide balance, we’ll detail alternative methods you can use to complete your task. And we have some top tips to read before you start editing. Let’s begin!
Índice de Contenidos
You can use FormatPDF’s online tool to convert your file to a Word doc, where you can make your changes and remove the hyperlinks. Then you will need to convert your document back to its original format. Voila! Your changes will be made.
Follow the instructions to complete step 1.
- Go to https://www.formatpdf.com/en/pdf-to-word/
- Upload your file by clicking the "Select PDF file" button. Alternatively, drag and drop your file into "Or drag and drop the PDF here”.
- The document will upload in a matter of seconds. Once happy, click “Convert to PDF” to transform the document.
- Don’t forget to "Download" to receive your new document.
Follow the instructions to complete step 2.
- Once you have your new file, open it and remove the hyperlinks in this editable format. Find the hyperlink in the document and right-click, then select “Remove hyperlink” to do so.
- Save your Word document.
- Go to https://www.formatpdf.com/en/word-to-pdf/
- Upload your document to the online tool by clicking on the "Select Word file" button.
- Alternatively, drag and drop your document into "Or drag and drop the Word here”.
- The document will upload in a few seconds. Once happy, click “Convert to PDF” to transform back into the original format.
Removing hyperlinks requires a little workaround, but it’s fairly straightforward once you get the hang of it. We’ve included some helpful tips to bear in mind before you start the process. Being prepared against potential obstacles will enable you to resolve issues quickly. Keep reading for our top tips to bear in mind!
- There are many reasons why it’s a good idea to remove hyperlinks. For example, if your hyperlink is not relevant anymore or the link is broken, you can improve user experience by removing it before sharing. Or, if you are planning to print your document, you will want to remove any redundant links.
- You can also unlock protected files using FormatPDF’s online tool. If you have a locked file, you will need to do this before converting your file. If you’re planning to use a third-party app to unlock your document, look out for subscription fees or hidden catches.
As we’ve already mentioned, FormatPDF’s online tool can help you to remove hyperlinks. However, if you’d like to explore alternative options, there’s more than one way to complete your task.
Here are some other methods to explore. We’ve rounded up a few options whether you’re using different devices or operating systems.
Different operating systems call for different methods. You can choose to complete your task for free with a little extra effort required, or you can opt for a paid program that will do the extra legwork and cut out the middleman. We’ve rounded up some of the best alternative options available to users of Window, Mac and Linux operating systems.
Adobe Acrobat enables you to remove hyperlinks. However, you must take out a subscription and pay a fee to use this program.
If you’re happy to go ahead, follow the instructions below:
- Open Adobe Acrobat.
- Go to tools and find “Edit PDF” and click on it.
- Select “Links” in the menu and then “Add/Edit Document Links”.
- Right-click the link you wish to remove and select “Delete” to remove it.
Mac users can use the PDF viewer and editor app Preview to complete their task. Follow the instructions to complete your task:
- Open the document.
- Head to TOOLS/show inspector.
- Click on the pencil icon to show a list of links.
- Select the links you want to disable.
- Press the delete key.
Similar to Windows users, Linux users can use Adobe Acrobat to delete hyperlinks from their documents. However, you will also need to pay a fee to use the program. If you’re happy to go ahead, follow the same step-by-step instructions listed above.
You can use FormatPDF on any device connected to the internet, including a mobile. However, there are plenty of third-party apps which can help you remove hyperlinks. Both Android and iPhone users will need to head to their app store to search for an app.
Open iPhone’s App Store and search “PDF editor” or similar. From the options listed, you will need to find one which enables you to remove hyperlinks. You can find this information in the app’s description details. Once you’ve located an app, download it to your device. Open your file and remove the hyperlinks. When you’re finished, save your changes or download your document.
Android users can download the Adobe Acrobat app to remove hyperlinks. However, as previously mentioned, you must pay to use this app. If you’d like to go ahead, download the app, sign into your account and open your file. Locate the blue pencil icon and tap it to find different editing options. Save or download your file when you’ve finished.