The PDF is a versatile and universal file format. Its features enable easy sharing, editing, and adding and removing comments. It’s no surprise that so many users around the world remove comments and annotations to a PDF – it’s easy, and there are many reasons why you may wish to do so.
For example, you may be reviewing, proofreading, editing or communicating changes, or you may like to use annotations to collaborate. It’s particularly useful when working remotely or with people who are based in different time zones or locations. But what about when you need to delete those comments?
In this post, we’ll explain how you can easily remove comments from your document. We’ll provide an example of an easy-to-follow method using FormatPDF’s online tool. Additionally, we’ll provide a few pointers of what you need to know before you get started, and alternative methods you can use to perform your task. Let’s get started!
Índice de Contenidos
How To Remove Comments From PDF A Step-By-Step
You can use FormatPDF’s online tool to alter your document. By using our online tool, you won’t need to download additional programs or software. It’s easy to use and performed entirely in the cloud. Sound good? We’ve included step-by-step instructions on how to use it below.
Here are the steps you need to take to use the tool:
- Go to https://www.formatpdf.com/en/edit-pdf/
- Find your document by clicking the "Select PDF file" button. Alternatively, drag and drop a file into the box that states "Or drag and drop the PDF here”.
- In a few seconds, your file will open on screen. Now you can make edits using the toolbar, including deleting notes and comments.
- Once you’re happy, download your file by clicking on the "Download" button. Your file will appear wherever you get your downloads.
What You Need To Know About Removing The Comments From A PDF
Removing annotations is a fairly straightforward process, but there are some points to bear in mind before you get started. Being prepared against potential roadblocks will enable you to face and resolve them quickly. Keep reading for our top tips before you get started:
- PDF is known as the universal file format because, no matter what operating system or device is used, it displays the same content and layout. It means you can integrate different types of content from text, images and vector graphics to videos, animations and audio files – and know that the information is being received as you intended.
- There are many reasons why it’s a good idea to remove annotations, one being you will protect the identity of the author as comments show the name of the author.
If your file is protected, you will need to unlock it before editing. You can use our free online tool to unlock your document.
- Removing comments from your file is a good option if you want to make sure it’s neat and tidy and free from distracting pop-ups. In addition, by removing the comments from your file you will reduce its size, meaning it will be easier to store and share.
Read More: The 6 Best PDF Editors For Mac
Alternatives To Remove Comments From A PDF
As already mentioned, FormatPDF’s online tool provides a simple and free way to remove comments. However, if you’d like to explore alternative options, there are many ways to get the job done.
Here are some alternative options to explore, whether you’re using a PC or smartphone or different operating systems such as Mac, iOS, Android, Windows or Linux.
Options To Remove Comments From PDF On Your PC
Options differ depending on which operating system you use. However, for more extensive editing, a paid program will help you complete your task. We’ve rounded up a few of the most common options available to users of Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems.
Adobe Acrobat will enable you to delete comments. However, be aware that it is a paid program, so there is a subscription cost involved for using it.
Here are the instructions for removing comments using Adobe Acrobat:
- Open Adobe Acrobat Pro. Click “File” at the top left to open your PDF.
- Go to “Tools” and then “Comment” in “Share & Review”.
- A different way is to select the comment in the document and press “Delete”.
Mac users can download the Highlights app to remove comments. You will need to download the app beforehand, then follow the step-by-step instructions below.
- From the menu bar select “File” > “Open” to find and open your file.
- Select the comment or annotation you want to remove.
- Click the trash can button in the pop-up box.
Similar to Windows users, Linux users can use Adobe Acrobat to delete comments from their documents. However, as mentioned above, you will need to pay a fee to use the program. If you’re happy to proceed, follow the same step-by-step instructions above as outlined for Windows users.
Options To Remove Comments From PDFs On Your Smartphone
One of the great things about FormatPDF is that you can use it on any device - including a mobile. However, if you’d like to explore other options for mobile devices, then there are plenty of third-party apps that can help you remove comments. Both Android and iPhone users will need to head to the device’s app store to search for an app.
Open iPhone’s App Store and search “PDF editor” or similar. From the options listed, you will need to find one which enables you to remove a comment. This should be listed under the app features. Once you have found an app you’re happy with, download it to your device. Open your file and use the app’s toolbar to start making edits. Don’t forget to download your document once you’re finished making changes!
Android users can download the Adobe Acrobat Reader app to remove comments. However, you will need to pay to use this app. If you’re happy to go ahead, download the app, sign into your account and open your file. Find the blue pencil icon and tap it to open different editing functions. Once you’ve made your changes, don’t forget to download your file.