No matter if you're an employee sharing essential files or documents via email or a student trying to upload your project on various online platforms, PDF files are the way to go for everyone. However, sometimes, PDF files can be too big, and if you aren't aware of how to reduce PDF size without losing quality while using an online PDF compressor, sharing these files through email or other platforms could be pretty challenging. Compressing a PDF file following this guide will make it smaller and easily manageable while maintaining the same quality.
It might be the case that you've made a PDF and need to send it to someone else. However, while sending the file, you found that the PDF is oversized and can't be transmitted via that particular medium. In such a situation, the only way left is to reduce its size. But, the main drawback of reducing PDF file sizes is the thrashing of quality that it brings along. And the question arrives, how to compress PDF without losing quality?
In this article, we will explain how you can reduce PDF size easily without losing its quality. Whether your PDF file is standard or encrypted, these programs and apps have got you covered. So without wasting any more time, let's jump into the topic right away.
Índice de Contenidos
How To Reduce PDF File Size Without Losing Quality?
Are you looking for a reliable way to reduce the size of a PDF file without losing quality? If yes, "Compress PDF" is precisely for you. It's a tool developed by FormatPDF.com that helps in compressing PDF files. The device is designed in such a way it can reduce the size of the PDF without compromising its quality.
Follow these straightforward steps to compress your PDF with this tool:
- Go to formatpdf.com/en/compress-pdf/ .
- Tap on the "Select PDF file" to upload the document you want to compress, or drag the required PDF file directly in the "Or drag and drop the PDF here" option.
- After you've uploaded the file, you'll find three options:
- Low compression.
- Recommended compression.
- Extreme compression.
- However, you need to keep in mind that the overall quality of the PDF file will depend on the extent to which you decide to compress the file.
- Once you choose one of the options mentioned earlier (marked with a green signal), click on the red button that says "Compress PDF".
- Lastly, click on "Download PDF" and get a new, much lighter PDF file.
What Do You Need To Know About Reduce PDF File Size Without Losing Quality?
While compressing PDF files using our compress PDF tool, it's necessary to keep some essential points in mind. These points include:
- Large PDF files contain large images or lots of pictures; therefore, whenever you compress a file, it results in a shrink in the size of the photographs. Sometimes it will be better for you to use a PDF splitter, which allows you to create different files from your PDF in order to reduce the weight of each one of them.
In Case You Need To Add Text To Your File: How To Write On A PDF
- Sometimes, PDF documents include repeated texts (aka redundancies) and spaces that can make the size of the document larger by adding high bytes and bits. So, during compression, the tool picks out repeated words and spaces and converts them into a unique pattern that can be read by computers. For example, it includes numbers instead of words that need fewer memory units.
- The size of the final PDF file will get reduced as much as you want your document to be, and that too within a few seconds.
- Of course, along with size, the quality of your document will also get reduced when you compress a PDF file. However, with the compress PDF tool, the quality of the file will be less hampered if you choose the low compression option.
- The resulting PDF document, without a doubt, will have a better response rate than the original file.
Which Programs Allow You To Reduce PDF File Size Without Losing Quality?
One of the best ways to reduce PDF file size without losing quality is by using an online compressing tool such as Compress PDF. However, if this method isn't reliable for you, there are multiple ways that you can use to reduce PDF size without losing quality.
Windows 10 And Prior Versions Of Windows
Do you know how to compress a PDF without losing quality in Windows 10 and other prior versions of Microsoft's operating system? No? Don't worry, it's easy. You just need a license for Adobe Acrobat Reader. It's a fantastic software that you can use to reduce PDF size without losing quality on computers with Windows.
If you're a Mac user, the solution to reduce PDF size without losing quality is way more straightforward than you could ever imagine. In fact, you don't need to install any extra third-party app. All you need is a default PDF viewer under the name Preview that Apple has been integrating on its Mac devices.
Although the best possible way to compress PDF without losing quality is to use an online tool such as Compress PDF, there are other alternatives. In fact, if you run Linux (Ubuntu or Debian), you can use the Ghostscript command-line tool. It's software that can decode certain file types to make your device read and edit PDFs.
Reduce PDF File Size Without Losing Quality From The Smartphone Or Tablet
In today's world, you might rely on a mobile device to get things done on the go, and compressing PDF files isn't an exception. Here are some tools to help you.
The best way to squeeze PDF files without losing quality is probably by using online tools; if not, use an app. Unlike Macs, Android devices don't come with a native PDF compressor. And therefore, it's essential to resort to external applications like the Adobe Acrobat Reader app. It's a subscription-based model that offers a specific function to reduce your PDF size without losing its quality.
iPhone (iOS) Or iPad
iPad or iPhone users even have an alternative to compress various PDF files without losing their quality. However, unlike its desktop version, Apple doesn't offer a native solution for its mobile devices. So, you need to resort to the App Store application store. You can choose from a list of apps available for this purpose. You can try searching for "Compress PDF".