Are you wondering how to reduce the size of your PDF files in Windows 10? Making a file smaller is one of the most common tasks we have to perform with a Portable Document Format file. This is because reducing the size of a document makes it easier to send and upload files online. What’s more, storing smaller-sized versions of your documents can help you save space on your device.
Don’t you just hate it when you try to attach a document to an email and an error message pops up saying the file is too large? Most of us have experienced this at some point or another, and it can be extremely frustrating, especially if you need to send the email asap. Luckily, there are several quick and easy solutions to compress your PDFs right away.
On this page, we will teach you how to reduce a PDF file in Windows 10 or other versions of Windows. We will also look at different programs and apps you can use and top benefits of using a cloud-based tool.
Índice de Contenidos
- 1 How To Reduce A PDF File Size In Windows 10 Step-By-Step
- 2 What You Should Know About Reducing A PDF’s File Size
- 3 Which Programs Can You Use To Reduce A PDF In Windows 10
How To Reduce A PDF File Size In Windows 10 Step-By-Step
If you would like to know how to make your PDF smaller on a Windows 10 device, you have come to the right place. There are many different ways you can do this, from using special software like Adobe Acrobat to using a cloud-based PDF editor. In this section, we will address the latter, as it’s the best solution if you’re looking for a quick fix.
Follow our step-by-step guide below to reduce your file size online:
- Go to formatpdf.com/en/compress-pdf/.
- You will find two options for uploading your document:
- Select the PDF from its location on your electronic device.
- Drag and drop it into the dotted box.
- Next, select ‘Compress PDF’.
- Wait a few moments for the process to be completed.
- The files are ready to be downloaded onto your device.
It’s worth mentioning that you can use this method with any version of Windows, as well as on any other device that you can open a browser on.
What You Should Know About Reducing A PDF’s File Size
Before you get started with minimizing your files, you should take a moment to understand why reducing your PDFs can be essential and what makes a cloud-based tool so much better than other solutions. Here’s our list of top tips:
- Saving smaller files can help you free up storage space on your device, hard drive or even in the cloud. If you’re constantly running out of digital storage, you may want to consider compressing your bulkier files to free up some space.
- Smaller files are much quicker to upload online. As well as saving storage, you can save time by working with smaller files that upload quickly without slowing down your whole computer.
- Share your documents stress-free. With smaller PDFs, you won’t need to worry about error messages or not getting that email off on time. Attaching and sharing files becomes a breeze.
- Using an online tool is the quickest and most cost-effective solution for reducing your documents’ size. There’s no need to purchase expensive software or subscriptions; simply take advantage of the cloud-based tools at your fingertips.
- Get the job done on the go. Enjoy maximum flexibility when you use an online tool as you can access it from any device, at any moment. This makes it super easy to reduce your files even when you’re on the move.
- The things you can do with this file format don’t finish here. For instance, you can convert your PDF to Word or you can unlock your PDF to remove the password encryption.
Which Programs Can You Use To Reduce A PDF In Windows 10
There’s no question that using an online PDF editing tool is the fastest, easiest and cheapest option available. Nonetheless, there are some alternative options worth mentioning. Read on to find out which programs work best with Windows 10 when it comes to working with this format.
Reduce A PDF On Windows 10 With Adobe Acrobat Pro
PDF is a format that was invented by Adobe. Therefore, when it comes to editing files of this format, Adobe Acrobat is one of the most advanced and comprehensive programs available. Here’s what you need to know:
- With Adobe Acrobat PDF Compress, you can reduce a large number of files in one go, making it an extremely efficient solution for bulk reduction.
- It has the widest range of tools available of any program of this kind.
- It can only be used by installing the program on your device and paying for a subscription. However, you can use the free trial to test it out first.
Reduce A PDF With PDFelement Pro On Windows 10
PDFelement Pro is one of the most popular alternatives to Adobe Acrobat, when it comes to desktop software for PDFs. Here is what you should know:
- It comes with many of the same tools as Adobe Acrobat at a more budget-friendly price.
- There are several price plans to choose from, and the yearly subscription comes with 20 GB of cloud storage.
- It boasts a modern, sleek interface with an intuitive layout that makes it easy to use.
Reduce A PDF With Foxit On Windows 10
Foxit is an advanced program specially designed to handle this file format, compatible with all versions of Windows. Here are the top things you should know about this program:
- With every tool under the sun, Foxit is ideal for those needing to do regular and heavy work on PDF files, particularly for businesses.
- It has an efficient OCR tool that is able to read scanned documents very effectively
- It’s not the cheapest program, so it’s not the best option for occasional or light use.
You Might Also Like To Read: