Rearranging the pages of a multi-page PDF document may be necessary. The order of the pages in your PDF can be changed easily, whether it's because you scanned the pages in the wrong order or you want to make your document flow better. Using any online tool on the market is one of the most straightforward solutions. Let's first examine some of the circumstances in which you would need to perform this task.
In a PDF file, it may occasionally be required to rearrange the pages. For instance, if you have several documents that were improperly scanned and stored as PDF files. You might also need to shift a crucial page to the front or back of your PDF document for a better reading flow. There are numerous more circumstances in which you may need to know how to rearrange the pages of a PDF file.
While it is possible to rearrange pages in PDF files in various ways, very few alternatives allow you to do so fast and effectively. Here are some different ways to rearrange the pages in a PDF file.
Índice de Contenidos
How To Rearrange PDF Pages
The "Organize PDF" is a great online tool to use if you want to rearrange PDF pages in a document. Here's how you can rearrange pages in PDF files using this tool:
- Go to the formatpdf.com/en/organize-pdf/.
- Select a PDF file by clicking the "Select PDF file" button at the top of its home page. Also, you can drag the files directly to the "Or drag and drop the PDF here" area from the desktop or a folder.
- You will quickly and automatically have access to the tool that will enable you to organize your PDF when you upload a file. You will be able to view all of the thumbnails for the document's pages on this new screen. Simply drag the sheets with the mouse while holding down the left mouse button to the desired place.
- By pressing the red "Order" button when the appropriate order has been given, you can carry out the procedure. If you make a mistake, don't worry; you can go back to the tool and make the necessary corrections.
- Once the procedure is complete, you must click "Download PDF" to have your newly rearranged PDF document.
What Do You Need To Know About Rearrange PDF Pages
Let's look at some of the critical factors we need to take into account while performing this action before diving into the many apps that allow you to rearrange pages in PDF files:
- You can utilize the undo function to undo any mistakes you make when copying or pasting text. Just move the pages in the order you want to put them, as easy as that.
- If you only need to rearrange a few pages, copying and pasting is frequently the fastest option. Otherwise, if you fail to delete the original page after copying and pasting several pages, you can end up with duplicates.
In Case You Need To Scan A Document: How To Scan In PDF Format
- Changing the page order can consume a significant amount of your editing time, depending on your number of parts. Setting up a structure in advance will help you group ideas and concepts that are related.
- You can have a lot of blank pages if you move pages around a lot. In case you use a software, pressing "Control" + "G" or "Control + F" and typing "page," you can discover them quickly. You are then taken to the document's blank pages, where you can choose the desired page and select "Delete." You can also delete PDF pages online.
Which Programs Allow You To Rearrange PDF Pages
The best way to rearrange pages in PDF files is through online tools. To avoid any data danger, there are situations when we don't want to use any internet tools to rearrange PDF pages in a document. Your data is secured thanks to third-party and built-in programs.
Rearrange PDF Pages From The PC
Of course, you may reorganize your PDF files on Windows, Mac, and Linux using an online tool. There are several excellent substitutes, though, that you can utilize with other operating systems. For this reason, we've created this short and sweet tutorial on how to rearrange pages in a PDF on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Windows 10 And Prior Versions Of Windows
Microsoft's desktop operating system, Windows 10, and earlier iterations include a flexible approach for rearranging PDF files and their pages. This approach uses the well-known application Acrobat Reader, which has the drawback of needing a paid subscription for the majority of its functions. However, reordering PDFs is still an option, so you can do this if your license is still in good standing.
Several tools available let you rearrange the files for anyone who needs to rearrange the pages in PDF files on Mac operating systems. While using the "Preview" program to rearrange your PDF file and its pages on a Mac is a brilliant idea, there are other alternatives that can carry out the transformation just as effortlessly.
If you've got a Linux operating system and want to rearrange pages in PDF files, one of the best alternatives is to use PDFArranger. It's a tool that allows you to reorder, split, rotate, and merge one or multiple PDF files in Linux. However, unlike online tools, it doesn't have an undo option, so make sure to be very careful.
Rearrange PDF Pages From The Smartphone Or Tablet
Rearranging pages in a PDF file is just another helpful feature of smartphones and tablets (Android or iOS). We'll gain more in-depth information about each of these in this section.
Any of the applications offered in the Google Play Store for this purpose allow Android users to reorder their PDFs. Obviously, the premium Adobe Acrobat Reader program comes first. That's because Adobe Acrobat Reader offers various other features with the option to rearrange pages in PDF files. In fact, you can do a lot with this premium program.
iPhone (iOS) Or iPad
While organizing PDF documents is quite simple on Apple computers, it turns out that using an iPhone or iPad as a substitute for this task is more complicated. You must first download an application that accomplishes this function. To obtain an application created for this operation, go to the App Store and try searching for some keywords.