If your printer has enough ink, you can print several PDFs at once without any problems. Instead of printing each file separately, the easiest way is to learn how to print several PDFs at once in this tutorial we’ve prepared for you.
Sometimes you will need to print not one, but several PDFs at once. We’re not just talking about printing one document with several pages, but in this case, we mean printing several PDFs at once. One after the other, you may need to output several documents at the same time through the printer. In addition to merging these PDFs into a single file, there are other ways to print them all at once.
It is common to find yourself with the need to print several PDFs. It happens to teachers who want to print the work of their 25 students at the same time, students who want to print the notes of several weeks on the same block of paper, professionals who need to have their invoices of the last quarter printed on the same day... there are many examples. In all cases, printing several PDF files at the same time is straightforward.
Since printing each file one after the other can take forever, especially if you want to print many PDF files at the same time, the best is to click on "Print" only once, so that the files come out one after the other. How? As easy as following the tutorial below.
Índice de Contenidos
How To Print Several PDF Files At Once Step-By-Step
As we said in the previous paragraphs, the idea is to print several PDF files at the same time, without having to right-click on each one of them. To do this, the procedure is as follows:
- Both on Windows and Mac, all you have to do is select the first file you want to print and then press the Ctrl key combination on Windows (if the files are in the same folder, you can select them all at once by pressing the Ctrl + E keys) or cmd on Mac, to select the remaining files. Once you have them all selected, right-click on any of them and click on "Print".
- On Android, iPhone and iPad, the procedure is as simple as going into your file browser, keeping your finger pressed on the first of the PDFs you need, then tapping on the other files. Once you have them all selected, just click on the "Print" option.
If what you are looking for is to print several PDFs on a single sheet, perhaps what you are looking for is to merge several PDFs into a single document before printing them.
What You Should Know About Printing Multiple PDF Files At Once
There are other questions that may come to the mind of a person who needs to perform this procedure with their printer. The most common doubts are the following:
- Yes, it’s also possible to print several PDFs on one sheet. In this case, what you need to do first is probably to edit the PDF, as you will need to adjust the documents’ content to fit on a single page.
- It’s also important to check which pages of your PDF you’re going to print before you start printing. This is because you may forget to remove pages that you don’t want to print or that are simply blank. If out of two pages that you’re going to print, it turns out that there is one that’s empty or has almost no content, try to remove it from the printout settings in advance.
- It’s not the same to print several PDF files at the same time, as to print one PDF file or one sheet. The former refers to the procedure we have explained above, while the latter requires you first to merge those files into one and then print it.
- In case you need to tidy up your files before printing them, remember that you can sort your PDF to your liking, number the pages or even rotate some pages.
Which Programs Allow You To Print Multiple PDFs
If you’ve come this far, then what you’re really looking for is an alternative to print several PDFs in one. Regardless of your reason for doing so, below is a selection of software alternatives to do just that.
Print Multiple PDF Documents At Once On Your Computer
Starting with the alternatives for computers, there is a very easy-to-use solution for users of each of the major PC platforms: Windows, Mac and Linux.
On Windows, the paid Acrobat Reader has an option that, before printing any document, makes it easy for you to merge several PDF files into one, so that you can then print your documents one after another.
If you have a paid license, then, once you open your file, click on the "Combine files" option that you will see in the menu on the right, and then add all the documents you want to print at the same time.
On Mac, it’s very easy to prepare a selection of files to print at once. It’s as simple as opening the first PDF with Preview (i.e. the default viewer of macOS) and then dragging all the additional documents you need to print into the program.
If you’re a Linux user, it is best to consider alternatives, such as pdfunite or pdftk, to combine different PDF files into one. Once you’ve done this, you can print as many PDFs at once as you want.
Print Multiple PDFs At Once On Your Cell Phone Or Tablet
Of course, it's possible to print all the PDF files you want in one, from your mobile or tablet! It doesn't matter if you’re an Android or iPhone/iPad user, since, in both cases, there’s only one requirement that you need to carry out this process.
Android users just need to make sure they have the different PDF files they want to print in the same folder. This will be the easiest way to select them all and then send them to the printer. If a document is in a different folder, it is advisable to move it first to the same place as the rest of the files.
iPhone (iOS) or iPad
The same goes for iPhone and iPad users, who only need to check that all documents in .pdf format are under the same folder path. If there’s one that is outside, it’s as easy as moving it to the same folder as the rest, then selecting them all to print.