Merging two PDF files into one is a very common process when it comes to using the merge PDF online tool. Maybe you got two sets of information in PDF files that you need to email. You know the receiver would better understand the data if you were to merge the files together, rather than sending multiple ones out.
The action of using an online tool to merge 2 PDF into 1 can help you to avoid sending different files when you want to include an attached document in your communication. Perhaps you’re a low-content book writer instead, and you need to know how to combine the cover PDF and the pages PDF.
Whatever your situation might be, we will show you how to combine two PDF files into one.
Índice de Contenidos
How To Merge Two PDF Files Into One?
There are two main ways you can merge PDF files into one. The easiest is to use a free online tool. Unless you don’t have an internet connection at the moment while you’re trying to merge the files, this will probably be the one you’ll turn to.
- Visit FormatPDF or go directly to formatpdf.com/en/merge-pdf/.
- Click Choose Files. Upload all the PDF files you want to combine.
- Go with Merge files for now. This one combines more than one PDF into a single file.
- Click on Choose option.
- You can rearrange the files on the next page. This way, you can line up the files by priority.
- There’s also Add more option at the bottom left of the screen. Use this option if you forgot to add any file before.
- Then, click on Merge PDF!
- They will show you a preview of your merged PDF. Select download and the file will be saved to your computer.
The thing about free online PDF mergers is that they usually limit how many times you can merge PDF in a day. Beyond that, you will have to sign up for their premium package. But again premium packages are not a bad deal to invest in. After all, you’ll be getting so much in return. More flexibility, more user freedom.
What You Need To Know About Merging Two PDF Files
Now that you know how to merge two PDF files, you should be aware of some things in regard to it.
- The style factor of the two documents is always maintained. If one PDF file has Arial font and the other has Georgia font, the merged PDF files will show the documents in their respective fonts.
Speaking About Text Fonts: How To Write On A PDF
- You can arrange the pages of two or more PDF you want to combine. However, you can’t usually do that with the free services. It’s better to divide the PDF files in the order you want the pages to go and then combine them.
- The merged PDF you will get will have the sum total of the pages of all the PDF documents. So, if a PDF has two pages and another has 3, you will get a total of 5 pages.
How To Combine Two PDF Files With Apps
While online tools usually offer flexibility, you can find in-built PDF mergers in whatever device you’re using.
Let’s take a look at some options on how to combine two PDF files.
How To Merge Two PDF Files On Mac
Mac has an easy system where you don’t even need an application to merge files.
Here’s how to merge two PDF files on Mac the easy way:
- Gather all the PDF files you want to combine in a folder.
- Open all the PDF files.
- Once the combined tab appears, click on Edit at the top left of the page.
- Choose Select All from the drop-down menu.
- Select File. Choose Print from the drop-down options.
- On the Print page, you will find an option called PDF. Click on the downward arrow beside it.
- Select Save as PDF.
- You will have options such as typing a new name for the merged PDF and such.
- Fill out the blank options and then click on Save.
- It will take some time to process and then the merged PDF will appear in the location you chose.
How To Merge Two PDF Files On Windows
Windows doesn’t have an in-built PDF merger. However, you do have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC if you have a new PC. If you have a license, you can merge files on it. Otherwise, you can download a free program from the web.
Here’s how to merge two PDF files on Windows with Acrobat Pro DC.
- Find Acrobat Pro DC from the Windows menu.
- Go to the tools panel.
- Choose Combine files.
- Select Add file.
- Select all the files you want to merge.
- Once processed, click on Combine.
- Click on the Save icon at the upper left of the page.
- Do give a new name to your merged PDF.
The wonderful thing about Acrobat Pro DC is that you can combine PDF and Word files together. However, those will all turn into one PDF.
You also need a paid license if you want to try the tool to learn how to merge two PDF documents together.
Merging Two PDF Pages For Other Systems Apart From Windows And Mac
Until this point, you know how to merge two PDF pages into one when you’re operating on a Mac or Windows system. But what if the concerned system is Linux, iOS, and Android? No worries, we’ll help you with that as well.
iOS Or iPadOS
When we talk about the Apple industry, we already know that things here are a bit delicate, and the scenes are no different with merging PDFs. Speaking of the easiest solution, though, the recommendation will always tilt towards employing a tool which is available for online usage.
If you've been using Ubuntu for quite some time now, you possibly know that the OS loads different tools. With the help of those, you can seamlessly combine desired documents in no time. To name a few alternatives, we've got the likes of PDFUnite or PDFtk.
Coming to the most flexible mobile-based OS, Android, merging PDFs usually takes place in a breeze. The Google Play Store is home to a number of utilities that can help you get the job done in minutes. Recommending alternatives, you can use tools like PDF Merge from Benzveen, or Combine PDF from VDO apps. Both work pretty well and can serve the requisites at ease.