Merging various PDF files into one on Windows is one of the most frequent chores in daily life. This post will show you how to solve this issue without downloading and installing any program, whether it's because you need to build a presentation in this format and, as a result, need it to be a single file or for any other reason. The solution is simple: to merge PDF on Windows, you just need an online tool that can combine several PDFs into one using Windows 10 (and prior versions).
Once it has been shown that combining many PDF files into one using Windows is feasible, we also want to clarify that doing so is really easy, especially when utilizing the tool we'll be demonstrating and instructing you on how to use. You may complete the task without complicated software because it is very straightforward. Being a totally online application, all you'll need is a connection to the internet.
Whether you work in an office or are a college-going student, the online PDF tools we'll discuss will help you. So, without wasting time, let's use different options to merge PDF on Windows and other operating systems. However, make sure to use the method that suits you the most.
Índice de Contenidos
- 1 How To Merge PDF On Windows
- 2 What You Need To Know About Merge PDF On Windows
- 3 Which Programs Allow You To Merge PDF On Windows
How To Merge PDF On Windows
As promised, we'll now move on to something more practical and demonstrate how to use an online tool that enables you to merge multiple PDF files into a single document on Windows 10 and prior versions.
The best online tool to merge PDF on Windows is the one you will see ahead. Pay close attention to the steps we outline for you, and you'll notice that the outcomes match your expectations.
Here are the steps to use the tool to combine your PDF files using Windows into a single file with ease:
- Go to formatpdf.com/en/merge-pdf/.
- Select all of the PDF files you wish to combine with "Ctrl + Click" on a Windows computer or "Cmd + Click" on a Mac device, then drag them to the action space that says "OR DRAG AND DROP THE PDF FILES HERE." Alternatively, if you'd like, you can also upload the files from the file explorer by clicking on the "Select PDF files" button.
- Put all the files in your chosen order, then select "Merge PDF" from the menu.
- The browser will automatically download the outcome PDF file after a few seconds. Otherwise, you can manually download it by selecting the "Download PDF" icon on your screen.
Did you know that you can also split your PDF online?
What You Need To Know About Merge PDF On Windows
Now that you already know how to merge PDF on Windows (this also applies for any other operating system), it's time to keep in mind several factors or suggestions that can be useful.
Here are a few critical things that you need to consider while merging multiple PDF files into a single document using Windows as your operating system in your PC:
- In case of any issue, it's always good to have a copy of the original paper or documents. You can buy some much-needed time by doing this.
- Remember that combining multiple PDF files into one will only result in a larger file; if you need it to be smaller, you can try compressing it using programs like the PDF online compressing tool.
Check Out This: How To Rearrange PDF Pages
- If necessary, you can also rearrange the several documents that make up the new PDF file. There are options available to do so since it's acceptable that some PDFs may be positioned incorrectly when combined into one PDF than you would prefer.
- We advise you to open the new file there and use the "Save as" function to choose the destination location where you would like it to be saved since the final file is typically kept in the downloads folder. So, make sure to save the resulting PDF file in a location of your choice.
Which Programs Allow You To Merge PDF On Windows
The option to merge PDF on Windows that we've discussed is the most appropriate owing to its speed, simplicity, and security.
However, we also feel it is vital to give you access to other options that will enable you to achieve comparable outcomes. However, it'll be up to you to decide which technique or instrument persuades you the most.
Adobe Acrobat, the paid program to combine PDF in Windows
It is simply a matter of finding the version that is compatible with the Windows you have installed. The quintessential program to perform different actions on a PDF file is Adobe Acrobat. There is a free version and a paid version that gives you the possibility to use more tools.
To merge PDF on Windows using Adobe Acrobat follow these steps:
- Open the Adobe Acrobat program.
- Go to the “Tools” menu and there choose the “Combine files” option.
- Click “Add Files” and select all the PDFs you want to combine or join in Windows.
- A new screen opens. Here you can rearrange the files if you want or if you have chosen the wrong one, you can delete it by clicking on “Delete”.
- To combine PDF in Windows with Adobe Acrobat, click where it says "Merge Files".
- In the new box that opens, choose the folder where to save the new merged file and name it whatever you want.
- Finally, click on “Save”.
As a result, you will have a new PDF file that will contain all the pages of the ones you have selected to merge.
Microsoft Word, the classic text editor to merge PDF from a Windows PC
Although Microsoft Word was not initially created to perform actions with PDF files, it is possible. The great word processor is available for any Windows operating system. If you want to combine PDF with Windows using the Word program, follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Word.
- Go to the "Insert" menu.
- Select the "Object" option.
- Go to the "Create from file" option and select the "Explore" section.
- Select one of the PDFs you want to combine.
- Click on the “Insert” option.
- After you have the first PDF inserted, repeat the above steps for the rest of the PDFs you want to unify.
- When you already have all the PDFs inserted in the Word document, you have to go to the “File” menu and there click on “Save as”.
- A new box opens where you can choose the location where you want to save the file.
- At the bottom, where it says "File Format", choose "PDF".
- Select the "Save" option.
You will have managed to combine PDF in Windows with the help of Microsoft Word.
Adobe Photoshop, combine PDF professionally
Those who use the Photoshop program to edit photos on Windows can also use it to combine PDF files. The steps to follow here are:
- Open the Adobe Photoshop program.
- Open in it all the PDFs you want to join.
- Go to the “File” option and then to “Automate”.
- Now, go to the “PDF Presentation” option.
- Select all previously opened PDF files. If you want to change the order in which it is displayed, this is the time.
- Choose the quality of the final file from "Quality Options".
- Click “Save PDF”.
There are fewer steps than combining PDFs from Windows with Microsoft Word, but you must have Adobe Photoshop installed, which not everyone has.