If you’ve landed here, you’re probably looking for an easy and quick way to edit your PDF documents online. The good news is, it’s simple to make changes to your PDFs when you use an online tool. Simply upload your document to the online tool and start making changes. You can write text, add drawings or annotations, insert images and more.
The online tool will retain style and formatting information found in the source file, so you don’t need to worry about what your document will look like when you open it on screen. You can use any device, browser or program to make changes to your PDFs - they will retain the same format.
This article will explain in an easy-to-follow method how to make changes to your files using FormatPDF’s online tool. We’ll share some top tips on how to get the most out of your experience. Plus, there are plenty of other methods you can use, so in the interest of balance, we will take you through some alternative ways to make changes.
Índice de Contenidos
How To Make Changes In A PDF File Step-By-Step
You can use FormatPDF’s online tool to change your document. Our online tool works without having to download any additional programs or software. Plus, we won’t add any ads or watermarks to your edited files. It’s easy and simple to use, but we’ve included full step-by-step instructions on how to use it below.
If you’re ready to get started, run through the step-by-step instructions below:
- Go to https://www.formatpdf.com/en/edit-pdf/
- Upload your document by clicking the "Select PDF file" button. Alternatively, drag and drop into the box that states "Or drag and drop the PDF here”.
- The tool will upload your document immediately – in a few seconds it will appear on screen in front of you. From there you can make your edits using the toolbar which includes options to draw, add text, insert a picture, add an icon and more.
- Once satisfied with your changes, click on the "Download" button in the right corner. You’ll receive your edited document wherever you get your downloads.
What You Need To Know About Making Changes In A PDF File
Before you get started with changing your document, read through our top tips to get the best experience:
- PDFs are not designed to be edited, so it can be difficult to make changes depending on what you’d like to alter. However, you can easily make edits to your file using an online tool.
- If your document is locked or password protected, you will either need to obtain the password or use an online tool to unlock it before gaining access. Not all documents can be unlocked – it depends on the type of password and level of security attached.
- PDF is an open file format used for exchanging electronic documents. Chances are, you’ve come across this document many times in a professional or personal capacity. It can be used to relay documents, forms, images, web pages and more.
Read More: How To Edit Scanned PDF Documents
Alternatives To Make Changes In A PDF File
You can make changes to your document using FormatPDF’s online tool above. However, there are other ways to get the job done, and you may wish to explore some of these methods. Whether you’re using a PC or smartphone, or different operating systems such as Mac, iOS, Android, Windows or Linux, we’ve highlighted other options you can explore.
Options To Make Changes In PDF File On Your PC
Different operating systems throw up different options. The built-in programs included with both Mac and Windows offer some degree of editing, or for more extensive options, you can use a paid program to complete your task. Here are some of the options available to users of Window, Mac and Linux computers.
Windows users have a number of options available. Firstly, they can use the in-built default Windows PDF viewing and editing program. However, bear in mind that this program will only provide basic functions.
Secondly, and for more comprehensive editing, you can use Adobe Acrobat to make changes. However, Adobe Acrobat is a paid program, so there is a charge attached to using this option.
Alter your document in Adobe Acrobat by following the steps below:
- Open your file in Adobe Acrobat.
- Next go to “Tools” > “Edit PDF”. You will find options such as editing text, updating fonts or adding new text, as well as resizing images, annotating and adding a watermark.
- Don’t forget to click the “Save” button once you’re happy with the changes.
Mac users can use the built-in default program to make their changes. The PDF and image viewer, Preview, enables basic editing functions.
Similar to Windows users, Mac users can also use Adobe Acrobat for Mac, which will open up more comprehensive editing options. You can follow the steps above to make changes using a Mac.
Linux users can use the popular program GIMP to edit their documents. However, the program will only allow you to make changes one page at a time. Plus, you can only save your file in GIMP format, so you will need to revert back to PDF after you’ve finished using the program.
Options To Make Changes In PDF File On Your Smartphone
You can use FormatPDF on any device, including a mobile. However, there are other third-party apps that you can download to aid you with editing tasks. Whether using Android or iPhone, head to the device’s app store and you’ll usually find something to help with your task.
Head to the App Store and search “PDF editor” or similar and you can choose from one of the apps that come up. Download the app and then open your document to start making edits. There should be a toolbar within the app that will present different editing options. Choose the tool you’d like to use and get to work! Don’t forget to download your altered document after you’ve finished making changes.
The Adobe Acrobat Reader app is open to Android users, and enables you to comment, add a signature and fill out forms. With the Adobe Acrobat Reader app, basic editing is free.
However, if you want access to more extensive editing options such as altering text and organizing pages, you will need to pay to access features. Simply download the app, sign into your account and open the file you want to change. Tap the blue pencil to reveal different editing functions. Download or save your file when you’re finished.
Read More: How To Edit A Protected PDF
You May Find This Helpful Too: