If you’re looking for an easy way to link to a PDF, then good news! We’ve got the solution. This post will detail how to create a link and talk you through the process. Whether you’re hoping to find a way to share your document with others or you’d like to easily access your file, there’s a way to do so.
It’s easy and convenient to share your file with a link. And because PDF is a versatile and universal file format, there are plenty of people who wish to share their documents. A link to your file is the most convenient way to share it. If you choose this method, you won’t need to attach your document to an email.
In this post, we’ll share how you can use FormatPDF’s online tool to create a link for your document. Plus, we’ll explore some of the best alternative methods you can use to create a link to a PDF. Ready to get started? Let’s begin!
Índice de Contenidos
Our online tool provides the perfect way to create a link to your file. The service is performed in the cloud, so you don’t need to download any additional software. Follow our step-by-step instructions to get started:
- Go to https://www.formatpdf.com/en/edit-pdf/
- Click the 'Select PDF File' button to upload your file, or you can drag and drop it in the action box.
- Once your file is loaded, click the 'Add Link' button, and select the PDF that you wish to link to.
- Finally, click 'Download' to receive the PDF with the linked file on your device. That's it!
Before you get started with linking your document, you may find it useful to read our essential points. Read on for useful information to bear in mind before you begin the process:
- By creating a link to your PDF, you can share the file with people using a fast and easy method. This hassle-free way of sharing a file enables you to share it across online platforms and beat limitations on file size.
- If you find yourself in a scenario where you need to send your documents to several people, a link is a much easier and faster way to do this.
Although using an online tool is simple, free and fast, you may wish to look at alternative methods. Below, we will analyse the best methods when using different operating systems and devices.
Whether you use a Windows, Linux or Mac operating system, you can create a link to your document with little effort. Below we have rounded up a few options to help you complete your task.
Windows users can use Google Drive to complete their task. Once you’ve created or pasted your document in Google Drive, you can share it easily using your recipient’s email address to send them the document directly, or you can copy and paste the link and send it to them in an email or alternative platform.
Mac users can use Wetransfer to complete their task. Read on for step-by-step instructions to complete this action:
- Open the Wetransfer site in your browser.
- Click “I just want to send files”.
- Upload your file to the system and select “Get a link”.
- Wetransfer will generate a link to your file.
Linux users can use Adobe Document Cloud services to generate a link to their document. Linux users can follow the steps outlined below:
- Open the program and click the "Upload a file" button.
- Select your PDF.
- Go to "Documents" > "Your documents." Check the PDF file and click "Share." This will generate a URL for your file.
You can easily create a URL using a smartphone. Both Android and iOS users need to head to their device’s app store to complete a search. We’ve detailed how to do this in the following sections.
iPhone or iPad users can download a third-party app from the App Store. Once there, you will need to search for “Create PDF URL” or similar to bring up some options. Once you’ve got a few options, read through the app features and details to make sure you’re happy with your choice. Once you’re happy with your chosen app, download it and upload the document. Tap to generate a link. Once you’ve received your URL, you can share it as you wish.
Android users should head to the Google Play Store. Here you can search “Create PDF URL” or similar in the app store and choose your favorite app. It’s useful to read the reviews and app features, as you will get a better idea of what app suits your needs. Once you’ve downloaded the app, upload your file and look for the button that will enable you to generate a link. Tap the button to complete the process.