You can edit a PDF file on Mac using various tools, including an online tool such as Edit PDF, built-in software like Preview or paid software like Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Depending on the complexity of the changes you need to make, different options are available. However, one of the easiest ways is to use an online tool because it's free and cloud-based, so you don't have to download any program on your MacBook.
Before discussing the best methods for editing a PDF on Mac, you should look at a few scenarios in which this expertise is useful. For instance, if you want to update or correct information, you may need to edit a PDF file. Alternatively, you might need to modify a document on Mac that has been sent to several people and you need to track changes, make modifications, and annotate it.
Whatever the reason, it's always a smart idea to be able to edit a PDF on Mac. This article will demonstrate some of the most effective methods for completing the assignment. We'll also discuss a few considerations you should make while editing a file on your MacBook.
Índice de Contenidos
How To Edit A PDF On Mac
One of the greatest methods for editing a PDF on Mac will be covered in this section. If you need to edit a file with various changes, you can use it and save the headache of having to recreate the entire file. Another bonus is that you don't need to download or install third-party software on your device to use this method.
Here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to edit a PDF on Mac using an online application:
- Go to https://www.formatpdf.com/en/edit-pdf/
- To edit a document, click the "Select PDF file" button or drag it into the empty space next to the text "Or drag & drop the PDF here." You will be able to alter a specific document in this way.
- You will get access to the editing tools, including drawing, inserting a figure or an icon, adding text, or entering an image.
- Once the necessary adjustments have been completed, all that’s left to do is click the "Download" button in the lower right corner of your screen. This will begin the tool's download procedure.
What You Need To Know About Editing A PDF On Mac
While editing a PDF on MacBook, several considerations exist. A few aspects are listed below:
- It's critical to think about how well the file will work with the editing program. And fortunately, all kinds of PDFs work perfectly fine with the online tool we've mentioned above. Also, the tool is compatible with Mac.
- When editing text, use the appropriate color for the reader. This is essential since editing the document once you're done will take a lot of time and work. The color of your new text must match the color of the text in the original document.
Check This: How To Edit A Locked PDF
- Naturally, the style of the new text should be the same too. If the typefaces of the original document and any extra content are different, the final file will include different fonts, which may look odd.
- The final document you receive will have all the text, colors, elements, and fonts you have altered to the PDF.
- Utilizing the method we've outlined above has the benefit of not leaving any watermarks. So you don't have to be concerned about seeming unprofessional while editing your PDFs.
Which Programs Allow You To Edit A PDF On Mac
The online tool we've mentioned above only needs an internet connection and a Safari browser already installed on all Mac devices. However, there are other ways to edit a PDF file on Mac. We'll mention some of these methods so that you can have a backup plan if the first alternative doesn't work properly.
1. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Editing a document on Mac using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is straightforward. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open Adobe Acrobat Pro DC on your Mac and click on "File" in the top menu bar. Select "Open" and navigate to the file you want to edit.
- Once the document is open, you can use the "Edit PDF" tool in the right-hand toolbar. With this tool, you can add or edit text, images, and other elements in the file.
- To add text, click the "Add Text" button and then click on the location in the document where you want to add the text. A text box will appear, and you can type in the text you want to add.
- To edit text, click on the "Edit Text & Images" button and click on the text you want to edit. The text will become editable, and you can make any changes.
- To add or edit images, click the "Add Image" button and then click on the location in the PDF where you want to add the image. You can also use the "Edit Image" button to change existing images.
- Once you have made all the necessary changes, you can save the edited file by clicking on "File" and then "Save" or "Save As."
2. Preview: the Built-in PDF Viewer and Editor on Mac
Editing a PDF file on Mac using Preview, the built-in PDF viewer and editor on Mac, is a simple process. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the file you want to edit using Preview by double-clicking on the file or by opening Preview and selecting "File" > "Open" in the top menu bar and then navigating to the file.
- Once the document is open, you can use the "Annotate" toolbar located at the top of the window to add or edit text, images, and other elements in the PDF file.
- After you have made all the necessary changes to your file, you can save the edited document by clicking on "File" and then "Save" or "Duplicate".
It's worth noting that Preview does not have all the features of a comprehensive PDF editor such as FormatPDF.com’s, but it's a good option for simple editing tasks, and it's free.