Editing a PDF file in Word can be a convenient way to make changes to a document without the need for specialized software. The process of editing a file involves converting the PDF into a format that can be edited, such as a .doc or .docx file. Once the document is converted, you can use all of the editing tools available in Word to make changes to the file.
You need to know how to edit a PDF for various reasons. For instance, you may want to add more material to it or are required to transmit a document in Word format. Alternatively, you may need to convert a sizable file to a Word document. Whatever the purpose or size of your file, you can convert it with only a few clicks.
In this article, we'll show you the best way to edit a PDF file in Word. Moreover, we'll also mention other ways so that you can choose the one that suits you. Let's quickly jump into the topic!
Índice de Contenidos
How To Edit A PDF In Word
One way to edit a file is to convert it using an online PDF converter tool. This will allow you to open the document and make changes to the text, images, and other elements. Moreover, these are cloud-based, so you don't have to install any app to carry out the task. The best free online converter available is our "PDF To Word” tool.
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to edit PDFs in Word for free using an online tool:
- Go to https://www.formatpdf.com/en/pdf-to-word/
- Select the file you want to convert by either dragging and dropping it into the space that reads "OR DRAG AND DROP THE PDF HERE" or clicking the "Select File" button and navigating to the right file on your device.
- Click the "Convert" button to begin the conversion process.
- Once the conversion is complete, the newly created file will automatically download. You can edit the document as you would like any other document.
Please note that, depending on the complexity and the file size, the conversion quality may need improvement, and the converted text may need to be more accurate.
What You Need To Know About Editing A PDF In Word
Now that you know how to edit a PDF file in Word, you should keep a few things in mind as you go about your work. These factors include the following:
- You should remember that depending on the complexity and size of the file, the conversion quality may need improvement, and the converted text may not be completely accurate. That's why we suggest checking your file before doing any editing.
- Of course, there are alternative methods for editing PDFs, such as using Adobe Acrobat, online PDF editors, or specialized software. You can use any of these to complete your task.
Check This: How To Make A Copy Of A Word Document
- If you don't have a copy of Microsoft Word installed on your device, you can use the free online version to open and edit a file. However, the features and tools available may be limited compared to the desktop version.
- Remember that images and other graphics in the original file may not be editable in the converted document and may need to be reinserted or redrawn.
Which Programs Allow You To Edit A PDF In Word
Several programs allow you to edit a PDF in Word. Apart from the online tool mentioned above, you can also use other programs to carry out this task. These programs provide tools to convert documents, allowing you to edit the original PDF's text, images, and layout.
Edit A PDF In Word From A PC
Computers are undoubtedly the best devices for editing a file since they provide a larger screen, more processing power, storage capacity, and more advanced software compared to other devices such as smartphones or tablets. In this section, we'll see how to edit a PDF in Word on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Let's go!
Windows 10 And Prior Versions Of Windows
If you have Microsoft Office installed on your Windows 10 PC or other prior versions of your Windows computer, you can open the document directly in Word and make any changes you need. This method is only available if you have Microsoft Office installed. However, you can also use various third-party plugins such as Nitro Pro, Able2Extract Professional, or Adobe Acrobat Pro.
There isn't a program in particular that allows you to edit a file in Word on Mac. As such, although you can install a Mac version of Microsoft’s application for your device, a cloud service like Google Drive is an excellent alternative. However, you will need a Gmail account to use Google Drive to carry out this task.
The best way to edit a file in Word on Linux is by using the online tool mentioned in the first section. Alternatively, you can install the Linux version of Microsoft Word or use command-line tools such as pdftotext and pdftoword that allows you to edit the text, images, and layout of the original PDF.
Edit A PDF In Word From Your Smartphone Or Tablet
You should know how to edit a PDF on smartphones and tablets. That's because mobile devices offer the convenience and flexibility of working on documents while on the go. They also allow you to quickly access PDFs and other documents from anywhere.
There are various applications available on the Google Play Store that allow you to edit a file in Word on Android. You need to search for "convert PDF to Word," and a list of apps will appear on your screen. However, check their reviews and ratings before installing them on your smartphone or tablet.
iPhone (iOS) Or iPad
Like in Android, there is an official app store known as the Apple App Store on iPhone and iPad. You can find a lot of applications there that help you to edit a PDF file on iOS. However, rather than converting files, you can directly edit your PDF files using Adobe Acrobat DC and PDF Expert.