Annotating PDF files is an essential task for many individuals and organizations. It enables users to add comments, highlight important text, and make notes. In turn, this makes it easier to understand documents and share information. With the increasing use of mobile devices, it’s become necessary to find a reliable way to annotate files on Android devices, as well as edit them. One of the most popular ways of doing this is using Google Drive.
Using Drive to annotate files on an Android device is helpful in many different situations, whether you’re working on a collaborative project, conducting academic research, dealing with legal and financial documents, or simply using files for personal use. In these cases, annotating files can help to clarify information, highlight important points, and add context. Moreover, one advantage of using Drive to annotate files on Android is that all annotations are automatically saved to the cloud.
This article shows you how to annotate files on Android smartphones and tablets using Google Drive. We'll also mention some tips and considerations you must remember while doing this task. Moreover, we'll discuss some other alternatives that you can use. So, let's go!
Índice de Contenidos
- 1 Step By Step: How To Annotate A PDF Using Google Drive On Android
- 2 What You Need To Know About Annotating A PDF Using Google Drive On Android
- 3 Which Programs Allow You To Annotate A PDF Using Google Drive On Android
Step By Step: How To Annotate A PDF Using Google Drive On Android
Here's a quick guide on how to annotate PDFs using Google Drive on Android:
- Download and install the Google Drive app on your Android phone, if it isn't already installed.
- Launch the app, look for the file you want to annotate, and click on it.
- You’ll find the "annotate button" in the bottom right corner of the screen. Tap on it.
- As soon as you tap on the "annotate button," a toolbar with various annotating tools will appear on your screen, such as a pen, a highlighter, and an eraser.
- Use a stylus or finger to choose the tool and annotate your files.
- Your annotated file will automatically be saved to your Drive. You can now access it anytime with an internet-accessed device. What’s more, you can download it on your Android phone and save it as a file.
What You Need To Know About Annotating A PDF Using Google Drive On Android
Like any other online activity, there are some things to remember while annotating a PDF using Google Drive on Android. These are as follows:
- Obviously, having the latest version of Google Drive installed on your Android device is crucial. Although entering directly from the browser won't be a problem, we suggest you do it via the app. That's because it'll give you more accessibility.
- The time Drive takes to open your file depends on various circumstances, including the file’s size, the number of pages, and more.
- You can use an online signature tool to add a signature to your file. That way, you don't have to download or install any additional apps on your phone.
Check This: How To Edit A PDF In Google Drive
- Remember to save a copy of your original file so that the original remains unaltered. If anything goes wrong during the annotation process, you can always return to the original and start again.
- If you encounter issues annotating the PDF, try closing and reopening the app or restarting your device. However, if the problem persists, check for any updates for the app.
Which Programs Allow You To Annotate A PDF Using Google Drive On Android
Even though annotating PDFs using Drive on Android might appear complicated at first, it's pretty simple. However, there are various other methods available with which you can annotate your files. In this section, we'll discuss the same. That way, even if Drive isn't available, you can easily carry out your task on Android.
FormatPDF: A One-stop Online Destination For PDF Files
One of the best alternatives is FormatPDF's Edit PDF tool, which lets you annotate files from the web browser itself.
It comes with a user-friendly interface and has lots of advanced features. Also, the tool is cloud-based, so you don't have to download or install anything on your Android phone. Moreover, it's available for other operating systems as well. In short, it's a fantastic tool for annotating PDFs on Android.
Follow this step-by-step guide below to annotate a PDF using this tool:
- Go to https://www.formatpdf.com/en/edit-pdf/
- Click "Select the PDF" and choose the PDF file you want to annotate from your device's storage. Alternatively, you can even drop it onto the space which reads "OR DRAG AND DROP THE PDF HERE."
- Once your file is uploaded, you’ll find the annotation toolbar at the top of the screen. From there, you can select a specific tool and do all the necessary editing.
- After annotating your file, save it on your Android device by tapping the "Download PDF" option.
Google PDF Viewer
The steps are as follows:
- Open the Google Drive app on your Android device and locate the file you want to annotate.
- Click on the file to open it.
- Once the file is open, tap on the three-dot menu icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- From the dropdown menu, select "Open with" and then select "Google PDF Viewer" from the list of available apps.
- The file will open in the Google PDF Viewer app, and you can use the toolbar at the top of the screen to annotate the file.
- Use the pen tool to draw, highlight, or underline text. Using the other tools, you can also add text, shapes, or a signature.
- Once you annotate the file, tap on the checkmark icon in the top right corner of the screen to save your changes.
- The annotated file will be saved in Drive. You can access it by going to the original PDF file folder.
Various Third-party Applications
Using third-party apps to annotate PDFs on Android provides more flexibility than the built-in options in Drive. You can get a third-party app from the Google Play Store. However, remember to choose an app with good ratings and reviews.