The most widely used file type is the PDF format. Therefore, everyone must understand how to alter it, particularly how to highlight a PDF. Your document's highlights can help draw readers' attention to a specific section. It's a fantastic method for reading and learning new material. Not only that, but it can also assist readers in finding important information in a lengthy paper. Without a doubt, you focus on the highlighted text first.
Nearly everything in today's society is digital, even documents. Whether you work at an office or are a student, you've probably encountered instances where adding highlights to your paper was necessary. For example, you might want to highlight a section of a school assignment so that you can recall essential details on your iPad, or you might be the type of person who wants to add highlights to a word document before delivering it to a client.
Whatever the situation, it's crucial to understand how to highlight PDF on iPad in the modern world. As a result, we'll discuss many techniques in this article so that you can quickly and efficiently highlight your PDF files. So let's get started!
Índice de Contenidos
How To Highlight Text In A PDF On iPad Step-By-Step
If you're looking for ways how to highlight PDF on iPad fast and easily, you must give "Highlight PDF" a chance. The only reason for this is that it is currently the most excellent online PDF highlighter, allowing you to highlight your PDF files.
Some simple instructions on how to use this online tool to markup PDFs on iPad are as follows:
- Go to the https://www.formatpdf.com/en/highlight-pdf
- Tap "Select PDF File" and choose the necessary PDF file, or drag the file into the "Or drag and drop JPG here" option.
- As soon as the document has finished uploading, a list of highlighting tools will appear. Choose the one you want to use.
- After adding highlights to your document, tap "Download" and you're done!
Once done, if you see the size of your PDF file is significant, you can try compressing it using another online tool called "Compress PDF."
What You Need To Know About Highlighting Text In A PDF On iPad
Now that we know exactly how to highlight PDF files on the iPad, it's time to examine some of the essential aspects of document highlighting. When highlighting text in a PDF file, you should keep the following in mind:
- It's always a good idea to highlight your PDF file with a variety of colors to make things stand out. For instance, if you want two distinct people to enter their names in a contract, you can highlight the duties of one person using one color and the responsibilities of the other person using a different hue. They'll be able to tell which is for whom that way.
- Naturally, you must highlight your PDF file with extreme caution. Be careful to just highlight the components that you want people to notice. That's because excessive underlining may detract from the appeal of your work.
- Make sure to save any time you highlight a section of your PDF file to make your changes permanent.
- You can see the colors you use to highlight your document in the final PDF file. For instance, if you highlighted your file with the colors "Red" and "Yellow," the finished PDF will also have those colors only.
Which Programs Allow You To Highlight Text In A PDF
Although it's usually preferable to use an online tool to complete activities like highlighting a PDF file, there are instances when you might want a different solution that works best for other operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS. So, let's get into more detail about these now.
Highlight Text In A PDF On A PC
Using different tools to highlight a pre-made PDF file on a PC, whether it runs Linux, Windows, or a Mac, is actually not as daunting as it may seem. We'll delve deeply into the same in this section.
Undoubtedly, a frequently asked-for action by Windows users is to highlight text in a PDF file. We've good news for you if you're one of them. On Windows 10 and earlier versions, you can highlight your PDF file using Acrobat Reader, a commercial software. It's one of the best tools for carrying out this activity.
You're in luck if you use the Mac operating system and wish to highlight a PDF file. This is so because Preview, a native app for Mac devices, enables users to edit PDF files with the option of highlighting text. All you've to do is open the PDF file in Preview and highlight the area you wish to work with.
Unfortunately, Linux devices lack a native PDF viewer or editor. As a result, if you want to add highlights to your file, you'll need to download and install a third-party tool. You can use the many available free tools, which allow you to complete this work. We'll nonetheless suggest that you use paid alternatives like LibreOffice.
Highlight Text In A PDF On A Smartphone Or Tablet
There are many situations where you might need to highlight text in a PDF file on your tablet or smartphone, especially if you're not at home or the workplace. Let's examine how to complete this activity.
You can choose Adobe, the best-paid editing product, which has a tool to highlight files and a number of editing tools. Additionally, employing this software makes the work quite simple to do.
iPhone (iOS) Or iPad
One of the most popular searches on the internet right now is "Can I markup PDFs on iPad or iPhone (iOS)." You can, of course. The task of highlighting a PDF file can be easily accomplished using a number of programs offered in the App Store, including iAnnotate PDF and Adobe Acrobat Reader.