PDF format is the universal file type that everyone uses. And therefore, anyone needs to know how to edit it, including highlighting a PDF file. Adding highlights to your document helps gain the readers' attention to a particular section. It's an excellent strategy for reading and retaining important information. That's not all; it can help readers to look for critical information in a large document. No doubt, highlighted text in a PDF file catches your eye first.
In today's world, almost everything is digitalized, including documents. Whether you're a school-going student or an office employee, you must've come across different situations where you needed to add highlights to your PDF file. For instance, you might want to highlight a portion of your school document to remember key elements, or you can be an individual who needs to add highlights to an official document before giving it to your client.
Whatever the case may be, knowing the procedure of adding highlights to a PDF file is quite important today. Therefore, in this article, we'll talk about different ways using which you can quickly and effectively highlight your PDF files within a few minutes. So, without wasting your time, let's get started.
Índice de Contenidos
How To Highlight A PDF
If you're looking for ways to highlight a PDF file quickly and easily, you must give "Edit PDF" a shot. That's sole because it's currently the best online PDF editor that lets you highlight your PDF documents. Along with highlights, it even allows you to add text and images or draw arrows, boxes, and circles on your PDF files. Not just that, you can also add a watermark to your file using "Edit PDF".
These are some of the easy steps you need to follow to highlight a PDF file using this online tool:
- Go to formatpdf.com/en/edit-pdf/.
- Tap on "Select PDF File" and select the required PDF file, or you can also drag the file into the option that says "Or drag and drop JPG here".
- Once you're done uploading the document, you'll get a list of editing tools. It'll include options such as adding text, inserting an image, inserting a figure, drawing, inserting an icon, and most importantly, an opportunity to add highlights.
- Tap on the "Download" button at the right corner of your screen to download other editing tools if you want.
- Once you've added highlights to your document, tap on "Save" and again click on the "Save" button.
What Do You Need To Know About Highlight A PDF
Now that we're well aware of how to highlight a PDF file, it's time to look at some of the critical aspects of highlighting a document. Here are a few things that you need to consider while highlighting a PDF file:
- It's always good to use multiple colors while highlighting your PDF file to differentiate things. For instance, suppose you want two different individuals to type in their names in a contract; you can highlight one person's responsibilities using color and the other person's duties using another color. That way, they'll know which one is for whom.
- Of course, you need to be super careful while highlighting your PDF file. Make sure to highlight only those elements you want to draw attention to. That's because over-highlighting can make your document less attractive.
- Whenever you highlight a part of your PDF file, save it to ensure that your revisions are permanent.
Another How-To For You: How To Merge Several PDF Files Into One
- The resulting PDF file will contain the colors you've used to highlight your document. For example, if you've used the color "Red" and "Yellow" for highlighting your file, the final PDF will be the same.
Which Programs Allow You To Highlight A PDF
Although using an online tool to carry out tasks such as highlighting a PDF file is always a better option, there are times when you might want an alternative that is best for various operating systems like Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS. So, we'll now talk about these in detail.
Highlight A PDF From The PC
Even though it sounds a bit scary to highlight a premade PDF file using different programs on a PC, no matter if you've got a Linux computer, a PC with Windows, or a Mac, in reality, the case is the complete opposite. In this section, we'll have a deep dive into the same.
Windows 10 And Prior Versions Of Windows
There's no doubt that highlighting a PDF file is the most requested action by those with a Windows computer. And if you're one of them, we've got good news for you. You can use Acrobat Reader (a paid program) to highlight your PDF file on Windows 10 and other previous versions.
If you're a Mac operating system user and want to highlight your PDF document, you're in luck. That's because Mac devices come with a native tool known as Preview, which allows its users to edit PDF files that also include a highlighting option. All you need is to open the PDF file with Preview and highlight the portion of the file that you want.
Sadly Linux devices don't include a native PDF viewer or editor; therefore, if you want to add a highlight to your file, you'll have to download and install a third-party app on your device. It has lots of free tools you can use to carry out this task. However, we'll advise you to go for paid alternatives such as LibreOffice.
Highlight A PDF From The Smartphone Or Tablet
There are various reasons why you might face the need to highlight a PDF file on your smartphone or tablet, especially while you're not at home or office. Let's see how you can carry out this task.
Are you searching the internet for a solution to highlight a PDF as online tools aren't enough for you? If yes, this section is for you. You can use the best-paid editing program called Adobe, which offers various editing features and a tool to highlight files. Moreover, it's pretty easy to carry out the task using this software.
iPhone (iOS) Or iPad
Today, "can we highlight a PDF file on iPhone (iOS) or iPad" is one of the most searched questions on the web. Of course, you can. There are various apps available in the App Store, such as iAnnotate PDF and Adobe Acrobat Reader, that can easily carry out the task of highlighting a PDF file.