Adding highlights to your PDF helps draw the reader’s attention to a particular section. It's an excellent strategy for making important information stand out. In brief, it can help readers to find critical information in a large document. There’s no doubt that highlighted text catches your eye first.
Whether you're a school-going student or an office employee, there are many situations where you may need to edit a PDF to add highlights. For instance, you might want to call attention to a portion of your school assignment to remember key elements, or you might be an employee who needs to accentuate parts of a document before giving it to a client.
Whatever the case may be, knowing how to add highlights to a PDF file is quite important. Therefore, in this article, we'll talk about different ways you can quickly and effectively call attention to parts of your PDFs. So, without further ado, let's get started!
Índice de Contenidos
How To Highlight A PDF Step-By-Step
If you're looking for ways to highlight text quickly and easily, you must give our "Edit PDF" tool a shot. That's because it's the best online PDF editor to highlight your documents. Along with highlights, it even allows you to add text and images or draw arrows, boxes, and circles on your PDFs. Not just that, you can also add a watermark.
Here are the easy steps to use this online tool:
- Go to https://www.formatpdf.com/en/edit-pdf/
- Tap on "Select PDF File" and select the required file, or you can drag the file into the option that says "Or drag and drop PDF here".
- On the next page, you’ll see the menu of editing tools. These include options such as adding text, inserting an image, inserting a figure, drawing, inserting an icon, and most importantly, adding highlights.
- Once you've added the highlights to your document, tap on "Download” to receive your amended file. Easy!
What You Need To Know About Highlighting A PDF
Now that you're well aware of how to highlight text, it's time to look at some things to keep in mind when you do so. Here are a few things to consider:
- Use multiple colors to differentiate things. For instance, suppose you want two different individuals to type in their names on a contract. You could draw attention to one person's responsibilities using one color and the other person's duties using another color. That way, they'll know which color is for whom.
- Of course, you need to be super careful while highlighting text. Make sure to accentuate only those elements you want to draw attention to. That's because over-highlighting can make your document less attractive.
- Whenever you highlight a part of your text, save it to ensure that your revisions are safeguarded.
Check Out: How To Black Out Text In PDF Files
- The resulting file will contain the colors you've used. For example, if you've used the colors "red" and "yellow" to draw attention to parts of your file, the final document will have those colors.
WHICH PROGRAMS ALLOW YOU TO HIGHLIGHT A PDF
Using an online tool to highlight a PDF file is always the best option. However, there are times when you might want alternatives for various operating systems like Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS. So, we'll now talk about these in detail.
Highlight A PDF On A PC
No matter if you've got a Linux computer, a PC with Windows, or a Mac, it’s easy to highlight your PDFs. In this section, we'll explain how for each operating system.
Windows 10 And Prior Versions Of Windows
If you’re a Windows user, we've got good news for you. You can use Adobe Acrobat Reader (a paid program) to highlight text in Windows 10 and previous versions of Microsoft’s operating system.
If you're a Mac user and you want to highlight your PDF document, you're in luck. Mac devices come with a native app known as Preview, which allows users to highlight PDFs. All you need is to open the file in Preview and highlight the portion of the file that you want.
Sadly Linux devices don't include a native PDF viewer or editor. Therefore, if you want to add highlights to your file, you'll have to download and install a third-party app on your device. Linux has lots of free tools you can use to carry out this task, and we advise you to go for an app such as LibreOffice.
Highlight A PDF On A Smartphone Or Tablet
There are various reasons why you might need to highlight a PDF file on your smartphone or tablet, especially while you're not at home or the office. Let's see how you can carry out this task.
Are you searching the internet for how to highlight a PDF on your Android smartphone? You can use a paid-for editing program called Adobe Acrobat, which offers various editing features and a tool to highlight PDFs. It's pretty easy to carry out the task using this software!
iPhone (iOS) Or iPad
For Apple devotees, there are various apps available in the App Store, such as iAnnotate PDF and Adobe Acrobat Reader, that can easily carry out the task of highlighting PDFs. Give them a go, and find the one you like best.
You May Also Find Helpful: