If you are someone who wants to make your presentations more fun and engaging, all you need to do is embed a YouTube video in your PowerPoint. If you don't know, embedding is a simple process that allows you to add interactive multimedia elements to your presentations. It improves the audience experience of your presentation, so it's worth considering. You can do it online or with any well-known office program for different computer and mobile operating systems. To help you on your way, you can convert PDFs to PowerPoint with our tool.
There are various reasons why you should embed a YouTube clip in a presentation. For instance, suppose you are making a PowerPoint; your goal is to get your audience's attention, and the best way to do so is by embedding a topic-related engaging video in your presentation. Moreover, it's good because you don't have to download the clip on your device to show it in your presentation.
Embedding a YouTube video in PowerPoint can be confusing, especially when you are not well-acquired with the program. Don't worry; we've got your back. This article will explain how you can embed a clip directly from YouTube or another source into a presentation.
Índice de Contenidos
How To Embed A YouTube Video In PowerPoint
Here's how to insert a clip from YouTube into a presentation:
- Launch Microsoft PowerPoint, and navigate to the slide where you'd like to add the video.
- Select the "Insert" tab from the Window's ribbon.
- Select "Video" under the "Media" heading.
- Use the pull-down option to pick "Online Video."
- A new tab will pop up. Paste the video's URL here.
- To insert, just hit the "Insert" button. The clip will be added as an embedded item to the slide.
- Select the video object by clicking and dragging one of its corners to resize and move it.
- During your presentation, click the video object and then the "Play" button that appears to begin playing the clip.
Remember that you will need an internet connection to play the clip during your presentation. You can download the clip and insert it as a local file if you don't have an internet connection. Follow the same procedures as before, but choose "Video on My PC" instead of "Online Video" and navigate to the location of the downloaded file on your computer.
What You Need To Know About Embedding A YouTube Video In PowerPoint
There are a few things to keep in mind while embedding a video in PowerPoint. These are as follows:
- Make sure you have an active internet connection. You will need to be connected to the internet in order to play the clip.
- Check that your version of PowerPoint supports embedding YouTube. Embedding YouTube is supported in PowerPoint 2010 and later versions.
Check This: PDF Audio Reader: How To Read PDFs Aloud
- To play the clip during your presentation, click the recording to start it. The clip will continue playing until it reaches the end, or you can pause it at any time by clicking the video again.
- If you are unable to play the recording during your presentation, it may be because the clip has been removed from YouTube or the owner has restricted its playback.
- Of course, you can change the clip anytime you want. All you need is to change the URL of the already given link and upload the new one.
Which Programs Allow You To Embed A YouTube Video In PowerPoint
There are several programs that allow you to embed a YouTube clip in a presentation. One popular option is Microsoft PowerPoint, which is part of the Microsoft Office suite of productivity tools. We've already discussed how you can carry out this action, and in this section, we'll discuss how you can do so utilizing other methods.
Embed A YouTube Video In PowerPoint From The PC
We'll give you many possibilities to embed a recording for each of the three most popular computer operating systems: Windows, Mac, and Linux. The process is relatively straightforward, and even a non-specialist can carry out the task efficiently. Moreover, you can also adjust the size and position of the clip as needed.
Windows 10 And Prior Versions Of Windows
If you are a Windows (10 or prior versions) user and want to embed a YouTube clip in a presentation, Microsoft PowerPoint is the best choice for you. However, if you don't have this program installed on your computer, you can use Google Slides. It allows you to create a new presentation with embedded recordings or edit the existing ones.
Presentation maker Keynote is included in the free office suite that comes pre-installed on all Apple devices, including Mac. You can use it to embed a recording in a presentation. It's also possible to use Google Slides and Microsoft PowerPoint to carry out the task smoothly. Well, you can use any of these methods on Mac and get your work done.
Apart from the above-mentioned tools, you can embed a YouTube clip in PowerPoint on Linux using the command line. However, we would only suggest using this method if you are an expert coder. Don't worry; you can always opt for online tools that are available for you to carry out the task, and that too without having to download any additional applications.
Embed A YouTube Video In PowerPoint From The Smartphone Or Tablet
We continue by giving you examples of how to embed a YouTube clip in PowerPoint using mobiles and tablets, which are so popular today. You can also use these to do a lot of other computer-like activities.
If you want to embed a recording in a presentation on an Android device, you will need to have the PowerPoint app installed on your device. Once you have the app, open the presentation in which you want to insert the clip . And that's it; follow the simple steps that we've already mentioned above. Remember, you can use other apps as well.
iPhone (iOS) Or iPad
Just like with Android phones and tablets, you can install the PowerPoint app on iOS and use it to embed a recording in a presentation. However, you can also make use of other apps available on the market. You'll need to head to "Apple App Store" and search for a YouTube video inserter. Then, download an app from the list.