PDFs are a popular format for sharing and viewing files, and many people use them for resumes, cover letters, and other professional documents. But what happens when you need to make changes or edits to a PDF document? While many think that PDFs are set in stone and cannot be edited, that's not the case. You can easily edit PDFs on a Windows operating system with the right tools.
There are many reasons why you might need to edit a PDF in Windows. You may have received a document from a colleague that needs some changes, or you have found an error in your own file that needs to be corrected. Whatever the reason, making changes quickly and efficiently can save you time and make your workflow simpler. It also ensures that your documents are accurate and up-to-date.
Fortunately, several programs are available for editing PDFs on a Windows computer, both online and offline. These programs allow you to add or remove text, images, and other elements, make formatting changes, and add comments and annotations. So without wasting any more time, let's quickly jump into the methods!
Índice de Contenidos
How To Edit PDFs On Windows
Editing files can be a hassle, especially when you don’t have the right tools. But with FormatPDF's "Edit PDF" feature, you can easily edit your files in Windows. Whether you need to make simple changes or complex edits, this feature has got you covered.
One of the most significant advantages of the "Edit PDF" tool is its user-friendly interface. You can use it without being a technical expert. Another great feature of this tool is its compatibility with all types of PDFs. It can handle everything, whether you have a scanned file or a freshly made document.
Here's a step-by-step guide on how you can edit a file in Windows using the mentioned tool:
- Go to https://www.formatpdf.com/en/edit-pdf/
- Press the "Select PDF file" button and choose the required file.
- Once uploaded, you can access the various editing functions.
- Finish it by saving it on your Windows computer. You can do so by clicking on the "Download PDF" option.
What You Need To Know About Editing PDFs On Windows
When editing a document in Windows, here are some key points to remember:
- Make sure that the PDF editor you choose is compatible with your version of Windows. Some editors only work with specific Windows versions, so check the system requirements. Luckily, the one we've mentioned works with all versions of Windows.
Check Out: How To Edit A PDF Without Adobe
- It's important to remember that no editing tool guarantees 100% error-free editing. That's why you should always check your edited file before sending it to someone else.
- Consider the quality of the edited file. That's because some editors may compromise the quality of the document, resulting in a less professional-looking document. So, check to confirm that the tool has maintained the original legibility and formatting of the file.
- Making sure that the tool or program you choose is secure. Luckily, the one we've mentioned is a safe tool protecting your security and confidentiality.
Which Programs Allow You To Edit PDFs On Windows
Generally, editing PDFs is done on Windows because of Windows’ wide range of functionalities. Therefore, along with the method we've discussed, there are other ways to do it. All you need is the right program. In this section, we'll show you different alternatives to carry out the task.
Microsoft Word: An Alternative To Edit PDFs
Microsoft Word allows you to convert PDFs into Word documents, which you can then edit just like any other. This means you can easily change text, images, and other elements within it. Here's how to edit PDFs in Word:
- Open Microsoft Word, click on "File, " and then "Open."
- Select the PDF you want to edit and click "Open."
- Word will prompt you to convert it into a Word document. Click "OK."
- Once the conversion is complete, you can edit its text, images, and other elements, just as in any other Word document.
- When you’re finished editing the file, click "File" and then "Save As."
- Choose the "PDF" format and click "Save."
It's that simple! However, please note that, when you convert PDFs to Word documents, the original file’s formatting may be changed, depending on the file’s complexity and how many extra elements it has, like tables and images. As such, this method is most reliable when you only need to make basic amends to PDFs, rather than complex revisions.
Adobe Acrobat DC: A Well-Known PDF Editor
Adobe Acrobat DC offers a range of advanced tools and features to help you make the changes you need to PDFs. Here's how to edit a PDF on Windows using Adobe Acrobat DC:
- Open Adobe Acrobat DC, click on "File, " and then "Open."
- Select the file you want to edit and click "Open."
- Use the "Edit PDF" tool to make changes to the file's text, images, and other elements.
- If you need to add or remove pages, you can use the "Organize Pages" tool to split, insert, extract, or delete pages from your document.
- If you need to add a signature, you can use the "Sign" tool to add your signature to the file.
- When you're finished making changes, click "File" and then "Save."
With Adobe Acrobat DC, you can quickly and easily make the changes you need to your file. Whether you need to edit text or images, or add a signature, Adobe Acrobat DC has you covered. Notably, however, Adobe’s software often requires a paid license to run, so you may find that it’s only worth paying for if you frequently make complex edits to your PDFs. Otherwise, our online alternative could be more cost-effective for you.