An iPad is an incredible device with lots of unique features. However, one thing we can't easily do is edit PDFs. If you’ve ever tried to, you may find that the most you can do is view the file, copy and paste it, or perhaps share the document with others. These are the default options on many programs. Luckily, however, there are a few ways to edit your PDFs on iPad.
There are many situations where you need to know how to edit PDFs on iPad. For instance, you might have a document to which you want to add your signature; in such a case, it'll come in handy if you know the procedure for amending files. Additionally, there are situations where you have a large file that needs some editing. No matter what, learning how to adjust a PDF is very useful.
We often use the most challenging method without even realizing it. But not anymore; in this write-up, we'll show you how to edit PDFs on iPad using various easy methods. This way, you can choose which one to use whenever you need to do some altering. Read on!
Índice de Contenidos
Step-By-Step: How To Edit A PDF On iPad
Altering PDFs has never been easier with the help of FormatPDF's "Edit PDF" tool. This cloud-based tool allows you to make quick changes to your documents without going through the hassle of downloading and installing separate software. With this tool, you can easily edit text, images, and other content in your document directly from your iPad. Furthermore, you can also add shapes, elements, and even marks with just a few taps on the screen.
Here's a quick guide on how to edit a PDF on iPad using our "Edit PDF" function:
- Go to https://www.formatpdf.com/en/edit-pdf/
- After clicking the "Select PDF file" button, upload the document you want to modify.
- Once your file is uploaded, a selection of editing choices will appear on your screen. These include the ability to add an icon, enter images and text, draw, insert shapes, and apply a mask. Use these features on your iPad to edit your PDF document.
- After making the required adjustments, tap on the red "Download" button, and your modified file will be saved.
What You Need To Know About Editing A PDF On Ipad
Now that you know how to edit a PDF on iPad, it's time to talk about the things you need to keep in mind for when you do so:
- You can include text, graphics, and several other components inside your document, all of which will be included in the edited file. For example, if your file has a graph, the graph will be incorporated into the saved document.
- The decisions you make when editing also affect how the final PDF version of your work appears. If you change the typeface of the file, the modifications will be reflected in the output file; otherwise, the output PDF file will keep the font that was initially used.
Check This: How To Edit A PDF On iPhone
- In addition, you can modify your file to either add or remove watermarks.
- You are free to switch images or reorganize where they are displayed at any time.
Which Programs Allow You To Edit A PDF On iPad
Although using an online tool is always a better option, you might need to use other methods sometimes. That's why it's essential to know how to edit PDFs on iPad using alternatives. That way, you can choose which one is suitable for you.
Even though Adobe Acrobat is premium software that requires a monthly subscription, you may decide that it's worth the money. The app offers an editing tool that you can use to modify your PDFs.
Here's a quick guide on how to edit a PDF document on iPad using Adobe Acrobat Reader:
- Go to the Adobe Acrobat app and open the file you want to alter.
- Click on the pencil icon that usually appears at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Click the "Edit PDF" option. If you use the paid Adobe version, you can make all the edits you want in your PDF file.
- Save the edited file once you finish the editing part. You can either download the file or print it. You can even share it with others using the "Share" option.
The Files App: An In-built Application For iPads
Up until iOS 14, PDFs could only be viewed, annotated, and shared in the Files app, and PDFs had to be edited with third-party software. However, thanks to iOS 15 and iPadOS 15, you can now quickly amend PDFs with only a few clicks using the Files app.
Follow these simple instructions to edit your PDFs on the Files app on an iPad:
- Open the Files app.
- Go to the folder where you’ve saved the file you want to edit and launch it.
- The thumbnail page view will automatically appear.
- Next, bring up the edit menu either by touching and holding a page or by tapping twice on a page.
- Save the file as usual, and your edited PDF file will be saved on your iPad.
Various Free Third-party Applications
Another way to edit a PDF file on iPad is taking the help of third-party apps. With these apps, you can quickly and easily change your documents.
You can do it all in just a few taps if you need to add text, images, or annotations to a PDF file. You can download these from the Apple App Store. However, remember to check their ratings and reviews before installing them.