Portable Document Format (PDF) files have become one of the most popular formats for sending and receiving documents on Chromebook and other devices. They’re used for all sorts of files at home, school and at work. It’s a secure format that makes your documents look neat and professional, plus you can edit them too.
Of course, this format was created primarily for saving and sending files, so when it comes to editing them, things can get a little complicated. Often the best solution is to revert to the original file, often in Word, and make the changes before saving it as a new PDF. But what happens when you don’t have access to the original file? Then, you will need to use an editor compatible with this file format.
On this page, you will find out how to edit a PDF on a Chromebook for free and the best programs and methods to opt for to get the best result. We will also reveal some tips and tricks for Chromebook users when it comes to performing this task. Read on to become a PDF editing expert.
Índice de Contenidos
Step By Step: How To Edit PDFs On A Chromebook
There are various solutions available for editing these files. Many involve expensive paid subscriptions to programs like Adobe Acrobat Pro, but in most cases this is unnecessary. Quite simply, the best option for editing your documents is with an online platform like FormatPDF. Now, let’s take a look at the practical steps you should follow:
- Open your Chromebook browser.
- Go to https://www.formatpdf.com/en/edit-pdf/
- Next, upload your document to the platform in one of two ways:
- Click on ‘Select PDF file’ and locate the file you want to work on from your Chromebook files.
- Drag and drop your file into the action box.
- Now, you can use the toolbar at the top to decide how to transform your file. Here are the top features:
- Draw over it.
- Add a shape or icons.
- Add a text box.
- Add an icon.
- Once you have made all the changes and are happy with the result, click on "Download" to save the new file to your Chromebook.
It’s as simple as that! You can start right away, without any registration or payment needed.
What You Need To Know About Editing a PDF On Chromebook
Before you go wild and start editing all your documents, you should read the list of tips and useful information below. These guidelines will help you edit your very first document effortlessly and continue to make changes to this kind of file successfully in the future.
- Before you start making changes to a page, you should reflect on what exactly you need to do. Is it deleting a part of the text or adding the company logo, perhaps? Whatever it may be, planning is key to successful editing, so have a clear idea of what you wish to change before you jump in.
- When adding text, don’t forget that you can change the size, font and color of the text. Likewise, you can change the brush thickness and color when drawing.
- With the stickers and icons, you can adjust the size by dragging the edge of the image. You can also position it wherever you like on the page and change the color.
Check This: How To Edit A PDF In Google Drive
- Add your company logo to the page in just a few clicks. Under ‘icon’, you will find the option ‘custom’ which allows you to add any image you like to the page. Select the logo from your device and adjust the size and position on the page.
- With a cloud-based tool, you can make changes to your PDF files from any device, including a Chromebook. Essentially, you can use any device that has internet access and a browser.
- One of the advantages of editing your PDFs online is that you can use other tools available at the same time. For instance, you can rotate or split your PDF.
Which Programs Can You Use For Editing a PDF Using A Chromebook
Using a cloud-based platform is clearly the most convenient and cheapest solution for editing your documents, but there are some other options available too for Chrome OS users. Read on to find out what programs and extensions you can use on a Chromebook.
Edit a PDF On Chromebook With Lumin
Lumin is one of the best programs available for installation on Chrome OS. Here’s why it’s so popular:
- It has a clean interface and is packed with useful tools such as text editing, highlighting, adding a digital signature, drawing and much more.
- You can share files directly from Lumin, cutting out a step in the process and streamlining your workflow.
- A paid version is available for more advanced features.
Edit A PDF With SEJDA PDF editor On Chromebook
SEJDA is an extension that can be installed on your Chrome browser. Here are some of the perks and things to know about using this extension.
- It has an appealing, user-friendly layout that makes it quite intuitive to use.
- It has a wide range of tools for both creating and editing this kind of document, including editing existing text, highlighting text and adding a hyperlink.
- Another point in SEJDA’s favor is that it doesn’t leave a watermark on the document once you have made the changes.
Edit A PDF With Kami On Chromebook
Kami is one of the most popular tools available on the Chrome Web Store for working with documents. Here are a few things you might like to know about it:
- It has both a free and a paid version. The free version allows you to annotate, edit, add text and strike-throughs, among other things. With the paid version, you can enjoy more advanced features and no ads.
- You will need to register using your email or Facebook before you can use the program.
- It’s effortless to use and learn, making it accessible to everyone.