The PDF format offers many advantages, and so it is now standard practice to receive documents in this format through email and view them on a mobile device. As a result, it's crucial to use a program that's compatible with mobile. The ability to edit PDFs directly from your Android device is quite helpful. Although many people believe that it's challenging to make changes to a document on an Android phone, luckily, it isn't true.
PDF document editing on Android is helpful for a wide variety of reasons. Knowing how to modify files may be beneficial in many situations, such as when you must put your signature on a PDF. Furthermore, there are times when you have a substantial file that requires altering. The ability to edit a PDF on an Android device is useful in any situation.
There is a multitude of ways to edit PDFs online that are slow and laborious. Here, however, we'll teach you how to edit a file on Android devices using several easy methods, so you won't have to worry about it anymore. When you need to make some changes, you’ll have your pick of the litter!
Índice de Contenidos
How To Edit A PDF On Android Step-By-Step
If you need to edit a file on Android but don't want to install any additional software, you may use the free and easy-to-use FormatPDF online editor. It allows you to annotate documents with text and drawings, sign them digitally, and do standard document management tasks like sorting, compressing, and converting.
This solution eliminates downloading and installing third-party software on your Android smartphone or tablet to make the necessary edits to your file. All you need is access to the internet, since the tool works with the most popular browsers today (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Firefox, etc.).
The steps to edit a file on Android using "Edit PDF" are as follows:
- Go to https://www.formatpdf.com/en/edit-pdf/
- Click "Select PDF file" and upload the one you want to edit. Alternatively, you can even drag your file on the space which says "Or drag and drop the PDF here."
- Once uploaded, make all the necessary changes and edits, such as adding text, elements, shapes, drawings, inserting masks, and more.
- Finally, tap on the "Download" button to save the edited file on your Android smartphone or tablet. Simple!
What You Need To Know About Editing PDFs On Android
Editing a file on Android requires forethought, as with any action involving particular files. Doing so increases the likelihood that what you need to do will play out as planned.
Here are some things to keep in mind while carrying this task out:
- When making changes to a document, the document's original layout will remain intact. You may edit a file without attaching a separate Word .doc, or any other text file.
- If you choose to edit your document using "Edit PDF," it will neither include watermarks nor advertisements.
Check This: How To Edit A Locked PDF
- Changing a file won't affect the integrity of the original version. The first version will remain in the directory where it is located and will continue to have the same contents. The edited file will include all the newly added content in it. So you don't have to worry about losing your original file.
- If you need to add your signature to any document part after making changes, use the PDF writing tool.
- One of the trickiest aspects of editing a file is matching the font style of newly added text to the font style of preexisting content in the document.
Which Programs Allow You To Edit A PDF On Android
There is no "edit PDF" option in most PDF readers because such functionality doesn’t form part of the readers’ primary purpose. However, there are dedicated document editing applications available. As such, in this part, we'll demonstrate several other methods by which you may modify your file while using Android.
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Acrobat Reader is the most widely used tool for examining and making changes to PDFs. This kind of file was taken into consideration throughout the development of the program, which results in it having a high degree of compatibility and making it suitable for any situation.
Anything is conceivable, from the first step of creating PDFs to the last stage of editing their content, format, photographs, forms, signatures, comments, and annotations. The good news is that you won't need the desktop version of the program, since the mobile app for Android will provide you access to all of the same features.
This is the most feature-packed and easy-to-use application that is currently available. Additionally, you have the option of saving the PDFs to cloud storage services such as Google Drive so that they are readily available at a later time.
You can use some of these features with the free version, but if you want to use them all, you will need to subscribe to a premium plan.
PDF Viewer Pro
PDF Viewer Pro allows you to do a broad range of operations on PDFs, such as annotating, filling them, and modifying them.
The option to save PDFs in the cloud is a huge bonus. This allows several users to collaborate on a single document in real time, making it ideal for group projects.
This software uses Adobe Acrobat's predefined layout type while adding annotations. This way, the annotated changes won't be lost if you switch PDF readers while keeping everything in its original form.
Also, PDFs allow you to include multimedia elements such as images and audio, as well as to manipulate the order of pages inside a document and merge several documents into one.
You may protect these files in several ways, including with a password and by altering the document's title or contents. Since it is included with PSPDFKit, a suite of applications for working with PDFs, PSPDFKit is a commercial offering that requires payment to access.