Microsoft Edge is the default browser for all Windows 10 devices. It includes built-in features like vertical tabs and tab groups to help you to stay organized, while in-built security features keep your browsing safe and secure. But did you know you can also use Microsoft Edge to edit a PDF?
With Microsoft Edge’s handy in-built PDF editor, you can easily perform quick tweaks to your document. You can both view your file and perform editing functions such as writing text notes, highlighting text, and drawing on the document. This in-built PDF editor should already be installed on your device, meaning you don’t need to download any third-party extensions or software.
If you’re looking for a fast, simple method to transform your document, Microsoft Edge’s PDF editor may be just the solution. It only offers basic functions, so if you want a more comprehensive tool, you will need a different program for complex editing. This article outlines a step-by-step process that you can follow to alter your PDFs in Microsoft Edge. Let’s go!
Índice de Contenidos
How To Edit A PDF With Microsoft Edge Step-By-Step
Whether you’re looking to add notes, a signature, or lines to your document, you can adjust your file using Microsft Edge without installing any additional software or apps.
If you’re ready to begin, follow our step-by-step guide below:
- Open the file you’d like to alter in Microsoft Edge. If your document is online, you can insert the web link into the browser bar. Alternatively, you can right-click on a file and then navigate to Open With > Microsoft Edge.
- When your file opens, you’ll see a Toolbar at the top of the window. The Toolbar contains different functions represented by icons. Select the tool according to what task you want to perform:
- To add text, click the “Add Text” button and move your cursor to where you want the text box to go. Type in your text.
- You can select “Draw” to draw freehand lines. “Highlight” enables the highlighter function to use anywhere on the text. You can select “Erase” to remove your changes.
- To write on your document in freehand, for example to add a signature, select “Draw”. This tool lets you draw with your mouse or using a touchpad if you’re on a tablet or mobile device. Additionally, you can alter the line color and thickness.
- To annotate your document, highlight the text you want to make a note on, then right-click and select “Add Comment”.
- Once you’ve finished making changes, don’t forget to save!
What Do You Need To Know About Editing A PDF With Microsoft Edge
Before you get started with transforming your file, you may want to consider a few useful points. We’ve included below important things to consider when transforming your document:
- You can’t alter the text of a PDF in Microsoft Edge, though you can perform a number of functions using the tools provided. The tools can help you to provide feedback or make notes and annotations. You can annotate, add colors or rotate your document, among many other useful tasks.
Check This: How To Edit A PDF In Word
- The tools provided are useful when collaborating with a friend or colleague. You can add notes, suggest changes or respond to changes before sharing the document.
- It’s useful to save a duplicate copy of your PDF before making changes to your document. All alterations will be permanent, so it’s a good idea to have a second copy that you can refer to.
Alternatives To Microsoft Edge To Edit A PDF
Although Microsoft Edge provides many useful functions, you may still be looking for an alternative program. If this is the case, there are many alternative PDF editors on the market for PCs and mobiles. Here we’ll examine some of them.
Options To Edit A PDF On Your PC
If you’re a PC user, below you’ll find some ways to alter your PDFs whether you’re using a Windows, Mac or Linux computer.
If you’re unable to use Microsoft Edge to transform your files, there are alternatives available. You can download Wondershare PDFelement to perform advanced tasks such as adding watermarks, comments, signatures and images in just a few clicks.
For a simple, free and fast way to alter your file, you can use the MacOS default PDF viewing and editing program Preview to complete your task. Whether you’re looking to add notes, arrows or shapes to your document, or make changes to an image, you can adjust your file without installing any additional software or apps.
Linux users can use the PDF editor program GIMP to alter files. Once you’ve opened your file with GIMP, you can perform a variety of tasks. GIMP only enables you to edit one page at a time, but if you can get past that barrier then it’s a highly useful tool. If you use Linux, it’s likely that you will already have this free software downloaded.
Options To Edit A PDF On Your Smartphone
Do you need to edit a document from your mobile device, but don't want to use Microsoft's browser? Then here are some other options, both for Android and iPhone.
The PDFelement - Free PDF Editor app for iOS is a PDF editor app for iPhone and iPad. Using this app, you can alter the text on your document, annotate with a large selection of annotating tools and also change the layout of your PDF.
Android users can download the Adobe Acrobat Reader: Edit PDF app from the Google Play Store. Once you’ve opened the document you wish to alter, you can perform a variety of tasks. Tap the blue pencil at the bottom of the screen to view your editing options.