One of the most popular formats in use right now is PDF. This is due to several factors, including that it’s a secure, stable file format whose contents can't easily be changed. However, sometimes you need to edit a PDF, and as such, it's essential to know how to edit PDFs in Adobe Reader. In fact, this software is a fantastic tool for carrying this task out.
But why would you want to use this program to modify PDFs? There can be a lot of reasons. For instance, you might need to alter a document that your boss has sent you, which you have to send to your client immediately. However, you need more time to re-type the whole file. In such a case, it's helpful to know how to amend a file in Adobe Reader.
This post will show you how to use this unique application to edit a file. This way, you can easily alter your documents quickly without having to retype them. Of course, keep in mind that using this software will require a paid license. Let's go!
Índice de Contenidos
How To Edit A PDF In Adobe Reader
Among PDF readers and editors, this is one of the most widely used on the market. That's because it allows you to modify your PDFs quite easily. In fact, the software offers you the ability to digitally verify and sign your PDFs. However, many people still need to learn how to edit PDFs. That's why this guide will help you.
Follow these easy steps to edit a file in Adobe Reader:
- Launch the software on your device, select "Tools, " and then "Edit."
- Find and click on the "Select a File" tab once you’re on the editing page.
- Upload the desired document using the directions on the screen.
- After the file has loaded, select the things you want to delete by clicking the "Mark for Editing" tab.
- You can select photos, texts, pages, or specific information to search for using the "Find Text" option.
- From the pop-up window, select "Apply" and then "OK/Accept." The software will alter the document and produce a new file, leaving the original intact.
- Select the desired place to save your edited file and click on the "Save" option.
What You Need To Know About Editing A PDF In Adobe Reader
There are a few things to keep in mind when editing a PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader, just like there are considerations to make with any activity you undertake with digital files. Doing this ensures that the process actually goes as you intend.
These considerations are as follows:
- Adobe Reader is a paid service, so it'll request a payment for a subscription before you start the editing process. However, you can use the trial version to edit PDFs for free.
- In this case, the software will give you a few days to test it and make the necessary edits for free. Remember that you will be charged for the subscription once the trial time expires, so you need to remember to cancel it.
Check This: How To Edit A PDF In Google Drive
- You will retain the original PDF if you edit it. In fact, the main file will remain in the same folder and contain the same information as before. In addition, you’ll have a new document with your edited content in it.
- Of course, when you edit a PDF with this program, no watermarks or ads will appear on your document.
Which Operating Systems Allow You To Edit PDFs In Adobe Reader
Luckily, you can edit a PDF on all the operating systems out there. Whether you use computers with Windows, Mac, or Linux operating systems or mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets, you can carry out this task. All you need is the correct version of the software.
Edit A PDF In Adobe Reader On A PC
The simplest way to complete the process of editing a PDF in Adobe Reader is on your computer, because you have greater control over where the files will be saved and how they will be used. You won't need to worry about the operating system since Reader works with virtually all of them.
Windows 10 And Prior Versions Of Windows
The process of editing a PDF on Windows is the same as the one we discussed at the beginning of this article. You can also rearrange the order of pages, delete unwanted pages, and add bookmarks or annotations. However, make sure to use a version compatible with your Windows 10 device or prior version of Windows.
You can follow the steps above to edit your document if you have Adobe Acrobat or Reader installed on your Mac computer. In addition, you can also use its web version to get the job done. That way, you don't have to install anything on your device. Moreover, you can even use the "Edit PDF" tool by FormatPDF.
If you have a Linux device and want to know how to edit a PDF in Adobe Reader, it's pretty simple. Visit Adobe’s official site and use the Help Center to obtain the correct version for Linux. Then, follow the method listed above to carry out the task. However, always remember to use the free trial.
Edit A PDF In Adobe Reader From A Smartphone Or Tablet
Just as you’ve seen how to alter a PDF via a computer, it's possible to do it on a smartphone or tablet. You will have to install the appropriate version of Adobe Reader to achieve this.
If you are an Android user, you can get Adobe Reader from Android's official app store, Google Play Store. You will see both a free and a premium version. Install it and open the PDF. Then, follow the same procedure as explained above, and that's it. Moreover, you can install other PDF editing apps too if you prefer.
iPhone (iOS) Or iPad
You may get Adobe Reader from the Apple App Store, and then amend your file using the prior instructions as described. Alternatively, iOS has its own program where you can read and change PDFs, called Files. Or you can always use online, cloud-based tools to complete your job too.