You must have encountered the situation when you wanted to delete text from PDF files but were unable to do so. Perhaps the only reason you're reading this post right now is that you cannot delete text from a PDF document at the moment. The good news is that there is a solution, and all you require to complete this work is an online PDF editor.
However, before discussing the tool that will help you delete text from PDF files, let's look at a few situations where you might need to carry out this activity. Maybe you've entered additional information on your PDF file that you need to remove from the file, rather than removing an entire page. Or there are situations where you might come across a PDF file that contains unnecessary text. Whatever the reason is, it's essential to know how to delete text in a PDF file.
We'll show you how to remove text from a PDF in the paragraphs that follow so that the content of this type of document only contains what you need it to. You'll see how straightforward it is to remove text from a PDF.
Índice de Contenidos
How To Delete Text On PDF
If the file in which you are trying to delete text comes from an image, you'll need to use an editing program with OCR (Optical Character Recognition) or a converter to change the PDF into an editable format if you want to delete text from PDF files. Here, we'll go over the most straightforward course of action using an online document editor.
To remove text from PDF files, you'll need to do these easy steps:
- Go to formatpdf.com/en/edit-pdf/.
- Drag the PDF file you wish to modify to the area marked "Or drag and drop PDF here" or click the red button labeled "Select PDF file" to do so.
- Once within the editor, you'll notice that it has a toolbar at the top with various icons. To begin, press the pencil symbol.
- Simply choose the white pen color and begin erasing the portions of the text that you don't want to be visible if the document you're deleting the text from is white. If necessary, try adjusting the path's thickness. You can also click "Straight" to delete text from PDF files in a straight line.
However, sometimes you might come across a password-protected PDF; in such a case, it's good to use the remove password from PDF online tool to unlock your PDF file.
What Do You Need To Know About Delete Text On PDF
You must consider a number of factors when deleting text from a PDF or removing it from one. These are some of the aspects that are crucial to bear in mind as you work through the process:
- Before erasing text from a PDF, make sure you always have a copy of the original document. This is due to the fact that once the text has been removed and saved, it cannot be recovered. You won't be able to get back any text that you accidentally deleted from the PDF.
- Since the PDF format was created to be shared and kept rather than edited, many tools used to remove text from PDF files only cover the text with an overlay. So, you could be interested in converting your PDF to Word first if what you want is the ability to alter the content as though it were a Word document.
Also Check This: How To Copy Text From PDF
- An Optical Character Recognition Character Recognition tool (OCR) can make things a lot simpler for you if your PDF file has text in picture format since you'll be able to work directly on the text, creating it through recognition.
- Of course, you need to be very careful while using this tool to remove text from PDF files, as there is no option to undo any operation.
Which Programs Allow You To Delete Text On PDF
You're aware that the PDF format is best suited for distributing or storing documents rather than altering them, right? Despite this, it's a fact that records in this format sometimes need to be changed. Programs have so emerged that enable activities like removing text from a PDF file. So, in this section, we'll learn about the same.
Delete Text On PDF From The PC
The use of PDF is widespread, whether on a Windows computer, a Mac device, or a Linux system. The act of emailing files in this format is one that is frequently done. However, there are occasions when you don't want to share specific passages of text for a variety of reasons. This calls for learning how to erase text in PDF files.
Windows 10 And Prior Versions Of Windows
In Windows 10 (or other prior versions), Office Word itself converts PDFs to Word, enabling you to remove text from PDF files at any time. Then you may convert it back into a PDF using a converter or Microsoft's own software. Apart from that, you can also use other alternatives to do the same.
There are free PDF editing programs for Mac operating systems that, among other things, let you delete text from PDF files. In fact, there is a lot of software available for carrying out this task. However, remember that you can always use the internet resources already suggested if you don't want to trash any kind of program.
There are various free downloadable tools for Linux that let you perform basic editing, including the ability to remove PDF material. One of those fantastic tools is Okular which allows you to carry out this activity quite quickly and easily. Although we've noted that it has additional options, its primary purpose is to view PDFs.
Delete Text On PDF From The Smartphone Or Tablet
To be able to delete text from a PDF when we don't always have access to a computer, we must use a mobile device or tablet. Additionally, these gadgets enable you to email your PDFs.
The fact that Google Android systems often operate with screens smaller than those of a computer makes them less than ideal for editing PDF files. Similar to this, apps on Google Play Store will help you make minor modifications to a PDF document if you urgently need to remove a text from the same.
iPhone (iOS) Or iPad
Just like Android devices, similar events occur on iPhones and iPad devices. In this situation, you've got the Apple App Store, where you can choose from a wide selection of straightforward PDF editors. All you need is to head over to the App Store Store and search for PDF editors. Select the argument that most strongly persuades you and delete the unnecessary text from the PDF.