PDF and JPEG/JPG are the two most widely known and used file formats in the online space; however, sometimes, you might have to convert between them. Suppose you want to create a PDF from images (such as JPG images, for example); you've quite a few ways to carry out this action. One of the most straightforward solutions is to use an online tool available in the market. However, before anything else, let's look at some of the situations where you might need to carry out this task.
The requirements for creating a PDF file from images are numerous. For example, in this modern world, electronic copies of documents carry the same weight as originals to offices and government bodies. It also fulfills document retention needs if they're in PDF format. Apart from that, as per new standards, you need to convert images into PDF files before uploading them. That's because almost all government departments now have standardized PDF files.
While there are many (literally many) ways and options to carry out the action of creating a PDF file from an image, there are only a few options that let you do the same quickly and efficiently. Here's how you can convert your image into a PDF file using various methods.
Índice de Contenidos
How To Create A PDF From Images
One of the best ways to create a PDF file from images is to use an online tool; we recommend "JPG to PDF" as it's currently the best in this business. Converting JPG to PDF files is far easier than you think, and you'll learn about that in this section. These are the simple steps you need to follow to create a PDF file from images:
- Go to formatpdf.com/en/jpg-to-pdf/.
- Tap on the option that says "Select JPG file" (you can easily find the option as it's a part of a visible red button). Or else, you can directly drag the image files to the dedicated space with the message "Or drag and drop the JPG here" on it.
- Select the files you want to convert into a PDF file.
- After that, you'll see that your images (JPEG or JPG files) appear on your screen. On the right side of the screen, you'll find a red button with "Convert to PDF". Click on the same to start the process of creating a PDF from files.
- Wait for the process to get completed and simply tap on "Download PDF".
You can create the PDF only from one image, or from more than one image. Just upload the image/s you need to convert to PDF format, and the tool will do the rest. In case you need to realize the reverse process, you can always convert the PDF to JPG again.
What Do You Need To Know About Create A PDF From Images
While creating a PDF from images, you need to keep in mind some of these aspects:
- As the final PDF file will include only the content in the JPG document, you need to be very careful about the content of your images before converting them into PDF format. Moreover, it's even better to proofread the entire image file to ensure that your resulting PDF is accurate.
- The formatting of the final PDF will be according to the configuration of your images. For instance, if some text of your images is in the color "Red" while others are in "Black," your resulting document will include text in both colors.
Check This: How To Split PDF Into Images
- Remember, the quality of your resulting file might change when you convert your images to a PDF file, so make sure to check it for consistency and accuracy once created. For example, suppose you've selected the option to make the smallest PDF file size; you're definitely going to face a bit of loss in the quality of images in the final PDF. Of course, you can also compress the final PDF using our PDF compressing tool.
- You can always arrange the PDF so that all your content is in the order you want. However, it's better to set your image file accordingly while converting the image files into PDF documents.
Which Programs Allow You To Create A PDF From Images
Although online tools are undoubtedly one of the best solutions to create a PDF from images, there are other alternatives as well. We've found some of the best ways for all major operating systems, including Windows, iOS, Mac, Linux, and Android. Let's talk about all these one by one.
Create A PDF From Images From The PC
Creating a PDF document is reasonably easy on PC devices (like Windows, Mac, or Linux), but it isn't similar when we talk about converting multiple JPG files to PDF files. No worries, we'll explain the entire procedure of creating a PDF from images on your PC. Let's crack these in detail.
Windows 10 And Prior Versions Of Windows
For anyone who owns a PC with the Windows operating system (Windows 10 and older versions of Windows) and wants to create a PDF from images, Adobe Photoshop is one of the best programs for you. It's a subscription-based professional editing tool that allows its users to do high-end photo editing, along with those mentioned above.
Precisely, if you're a Mac user, the action of creating a PDF from images is a lot easier than any operating system. All thanks to its in-built program called the "Preview". In that way, you can avoid downloading any kind of third-party program and having to install the same. All you need is to follow some simple steps, and you're good to go.
If you're a Linux user and need to create a PDF from images, the best option is to use the gscan2pdf application. It's an open-source program available on all kinds of Linux distros and helps create a PDF from images in a breeze. You can easily install the same by navigating to your software centre and searching for the same.
Create A PDF From Images From The Smartphone Or Tablet
Luckily we've multiple ways in which you can create a PDF from images on your mobile devices, and that too in a few seconds. So, if you're wondering how to just walk through the next section.
One of the best things about Android phones and tablets is that we can find a variety of applications in the Google Play Store. And in terms of creating a PDF file from JPG files, it isn't anything less. You must go to your Play Store and search for "JPG to PDF converter". You'll find a good range of apps for this purpose.
iPhone (iOS) Or iPad
Surprisingly, creating a PDF file from images on iPhone (iOS) or iPad is the easiest of all. You can use your device's native "Photos" application to convert a JPG image to a PDF document within a few minutes. Moreover, you can also download various alternative apps from the App Store. But you don't actually need these.