PDFs serve as a reliable tool for preserving essential information in an unaltered and secure manner. They are the quiet protectors of our sensitive data, carefully guarding every aspect of the content to prevent any loss or distortion during sharing or distribution. However, this protection may sometimes lead to being locked out of vital information meant to be shared. And that's where the importance of cracking a PDF’s password comes in.
If you have also encountered the challenge of being unable to access password-protected PDFs, you’ve come to the right place. It is common to forget the password for such files, but there is no need to fret. There are numerous programs available that enable you to crack PDF passwords with ease. In fact, utilizing a reliable tool will quickly resolve this issue, granting you access to your essential documents.
This article will demonstrate the optimal method for cracking file passwords. Also, we will explore some alternative approaches to accomplish this task. Furthermore, we will offer practical tips and considerations while opening a password-protected document. Keep reading to find out more!
Índice de Contenidos
How To Crack A PDF File’s Password Step-By-Step
The best, fastest, and easiest way to open a locked document is to use an online tool. When you use a cloud-based tool, you don't have to download or install any third-party app on your device, saving your space. The online tool we will use is "Unlock PDF" by FormatPDF since it's the best in the business.
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to crack PDF file passwords with the help of online tools:
- Go to https://www.formatpdf.com/en/unlock-pdf/
- Click the "Select PDF File" button and upload the locked file you want to crack. Likewise, you can drag it onto the space with the text "Or Drag And Drop The PDF File Here."
- Once your document is uploaded to the tool, click the "Unlock PDF" button to crack your PDF’s password. However, it might take a minute or a few minutes to open the document, depending on its size.
- Lastly, download the opened file on your PC or mobile and save it in a folder. That way, you can use it anytime you want.
It's that simple! You will see how amazingly this online tool takes care of everything.
What You Need To Know About Cracking A PDF File’s Password
There are various tips and considerations to remember while cracking passwords. And in this section, we will discuss some of them so that you can carry out the task effortlessly. These are as follows:
- First, if a document is protected, it's most likely because it contains sensitive information, which means not everyone should access it. Therefore, you should always take permission from the file’s owner before trying to unlock it. In fact, it's best if they give you the password.
- Using or cracking someone else's locked file without their permission is considered illegal, and you can end up in jail. So you will always need the relevant permission to work with protected files.
- Of course, you can password-protect a file again once you use it. That way, your file with sensitive content will always remain protected.
- Sometimes, files include digital signatures. If not, you can always add one with the help of an online tool.
- Remember, if your file is highly encrypted, then the online tool, or any program for that matter, might not be able to unlock it.
Read More: How To Split A Password-Protected PDF
Which Programs Allow You To Crack A PDF File’s Password
One of the main advantages of using an online tool is obviously the fact that you don't have to download or install any program on your device. That is why we always recommend using the online method. However, it's not the only alternative. There are various ways to crack passwords from PDFs where you will need to download or install programs.
Crack A PDF File’s Password On A PC
There are various commonly used applications that allow you to crack a file’s password, no matter if you use Windows, Mac, or Linux computer. In this section, we will be talking about a few of them that you can use for this purpose. Remember that some of them might need you to pay for their subscription.
Windows 10 And Prior Versions Of Windows
An online tool is your best bet if you are trying to crack a PDF’s password on a Windows computer. Our recommended tool makes it easy to open protected files on any Windows operating system, whether it's Windows 10 or an earlier version. Alternatively, you can use paid options like Adobe Acrobat to get the job done.
Opening a PDF on a Mac is also easy. You can use an online tool or the paid Adobe Acrobat software, but there's also a free option. You only need a Google email account to open a locked file on your Mac. This method is an excellent alternative to Adobe Acrobat, which can be expensive.
For Linux users, cracking passwords is most accessible using an online tool, but the QPDF command is also a great option. However, this method can be more complicated since it requires command prompts. If you need to become more familiar with commands, an online tool is the way to go. It's simple, fast, and doesn't require any technical knowledge.
Crack A PDF File’s Password From A Smartphone Or Tablet
Let's shift our focus from PCs to smartphones and tablets, as they also allow you to open files. Find out how to crack passwords on Android and iOS devices.
If you are an Android user looking for a free app to crack PDF passwords, look no further than the Google Play Store. Search for "Unlock PDF," and you will find a variety of apps to choose from. With so many good options available, you will indeed find one that suits all your needs.
iPhone (iOS) Or iPad
Similarly, if you are using an iPhone or iPad, you can use free downloadable apps to crack file passwords. Go to the official Apple App Store and search "Unlock PDF." You can use many excellent programs, including "unlock pdf - lock pdf" to complete the task. However, make sure to select a reliable app before installing it.