Working with a PDF file is significantly more accessible and convenient than working with an original Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx). In fact, from government bodies to normal individuals, PDF is a popular file format among everyone. Therefore, you might find it helpful to convert various Word documents (such as a resume) to PDF files. While it might sound tricky, converting a resume from Word to PDF is a lot easier.
For instance, if you're an individual who is looking for jobs, you might have made a resume (CV) for yourself. However, you may want to convert your resume to PDF to easily send it to the required places. Moreover, if you're in a legal profession, you don't want anyone to alter confidential digital documents, right? That's why it's essential to convert your resume from Word to a PDF file.
This article will talk about different ways to convert resumes to PDF files. We have every solution for you, no matter which operating system you use or which type of tool you're looking for (online or offline tool). So, without further ado, let's get started.
Índice de Contenidos
- 1 How To Convert Your Resume (CV) To PDF Format?
- 2 What Do You Need To Know About Convert Your Resume (CV) To PDF Format?
- 3 Which Programs Allow You To Convert Your Resume (CV) To PDF Format?
How To Convert Your Resume (CV) To PDF Format?
Using "Word to PDF" (developed by FormatPDF.com) is an effective way of creating a CV format PDF. This online tool is pretty helpful as it helps convert resumes to PDF files, which is really important to prevent anyone from making any changes to your resume (CV).
Here are some simple steps that you need to follow to convert your resume to PDF using the "Word to PDF" tool:
- Go to formatpdf.com/en/word-to-pdf/ .
- Tap on the "Select Word file" button that appears on the top of the page and select the required document or drag your file into the "Or drag and drop the Word here" option.
- After that, a window will pop up on the screen (no matter whether you've entered via mobile device or browsed from your computer) in which you need to select a Word file in .docx, .doc, or other formats.
- Once you're done uploading the Word file to the platform, you just need to tap on the "Convert to PDF" button, and the tool will automatically carry out the conversion. Remember to wait for a couple of minutes to complete the conversion process.
In case you need to make some last changes to your resume before starting to send it out, remember you can also use our PDF editor to add text, insert images, or draw over the document, totally online. Also, if your resume is in JPG format, use this other tool to convert the document to PDF format.
What Do You Need To Know About Convert Your Resume (CV) To PDF Format?
As we've already talked about ways to transform resume to PDF using an online resume (CV) converter, it's time to learn some of its aspects with the following points:
- Once you convert your resume to PDF, the resulting document will be in PDF format; that is, anyone can't directly alter the things written inside the file.
- You don't need any programming knowledge when using an online resume converter to convert a resume to PDF. You can easily convert your resume (CV) to PDF format without using complex programs.
This Was Made For You: How To Write On A PDF
- PDF is a universal extension that makes sure that the other person will view your document exactly the way you've designed it. That's the best way of presenting a study, a final file, or a job.
- The font of the final resume PDF will be precisely the same as the font of the Word files. When you convert a resume to PDF, the whole file gets fully converted into PDF without any changes.
Which Programs Allow You To Convert Your Resume (CV) To PDF Format?
Although many online tools such as Word to PDF are available in the market, you might want to use an offline tool to transform your resume into PDF. Whether you need to convert your CV to PDF on a mobile device or computer, we have suitable solutions for you.
Convert Your Resume (CV) To PDF Format From The PC
PDFs come in handy for distributing documents that all parties can see in the same way. If you want to change your resume to PDF on your PC, be it Windows PC, Mac, or computer with Linux operating system, there are different ways via which you can easily do so.
Windows 10 And Prior Versions Of Windows
If you've got a computer with a Windows operating system and have created the file you want to convert with Microsoft Word, the conversion procedure is more straightforward. In fact, Microsoft Word allows you to save the document in PDF format, though you can also use external apps.
Computers with Mac operating systems come with a valuable tool for creating CV format PDF called Pages. It's a great application, exclusive to Apple computers, capable of opening a file with a .docx (Word) or .doc extension and saving the same file in different formats, including a .pdf extension. Moreover, you also don't need to worry about its quality.
Unfortunately, the Linux system doesn't come with an in-built and dedicated resume converter by default. However, you can always use the LibreOffice products to make PDF files in Ubuntu. You can also use the Terminal and the Ubuntu command line to convert documents with .docx and .doc to their PDF versions. If you aren't familiar with coding, you'll find the procedure a bit confusing.
Convert Your Resume (CV) To PDF Format From The Smartphone Or Tablet
There are many reasons why you might want to convert your resume to PDF on your smartphone or tablet. Moreover, we've lots of ways that allow us to get the procedure done.
Thanks to Android's official app store, the Google Play Store, converting Word documents to PDF files on Android devices is relatively easy. It has many apps that let its users convert resumes to PDFs. Moreover, the best thing about these applications is that they're all free to download and use. Just choose one, and you're ready.
iPhone (iOS) Or iPad
Luckily, if you're an iPad or iPhone (iOS) user, you can download and install the Pages app (which can be used to convert resume to PDF) from the App Store. In fact, the app is specially designed to convert a document into a PDF file. That's because it lets its users access documents belonging to Microsoft Word.