Do you've got a PDF table that you need to add to your Excel spreadsheet? If yes, and you've even tried copying the table in a PDF file and pasting the same into your Excel file, you might've gotten jumbled and nonsensical results. In fact, it isn't easy and efficient to move information between Excel and PDF as these two don't use a similar format of files. Therefore it's imperative to know how to convert PDF tables to excel, rather than just knowing about converting PDF to Excel.
There are many reasons why you might need to copy data from a PDF table to an Excel spreadsheet. For instance, you need to copy it to avoid manually typing the data from the PDF file to each cell. However, copying or editing data on a table in a PDF file is complicated. Also, Excel has multiple tools that let you sort and calculate data. Therefore it's helpful to convert PDF tables to Excel.
However, unfortunately, some people aren't familiar with the procedure of converting a PDF table to an Excel spreadsheet. So, we've decided to mention some of the best ways (online and offline) to convert PDF tables to Excel sheets to help you edit in the same hassle-free manner.
Índice de Contenidos
How To Convert PDF Table To Excel
Converting PDF tables to Excel is easy, primarily if you use an online tool. As of now, "PDF to Excel" is one of the best online tools that you can use to convert PDF tables to Excel files. And the best thing is you can do the task without having to download any kind of program to your device (be it a phone or computer). That's because all the requisites are served in the cloud. Moreover, using the "PDF to Excel" tool is easy.
You can transform a PDF table into an Excel file using this tool as follows:
- Go to formatpdf.com/en/pdf-to-excel/.
- Click on the red button that says "Select PDF file" to open a new window.
- Select all the required PDF files (that is, files in .pdf format) that you need to convert into Excel from the pop-up window that will appear on the screen to upload on the conversion tool.
- Once all your files get uploaded, tap on "Convert to Excel" and wait for a couple of seconds. After that, you'll see the resulting file on your device screen. You can even manually download the same on your device.
Need to go back? You can always convert the PDF to Excel again.
What Do You Need To Know About Convert PDF Table To Excel
At the time of converting the PDF table to an Excel spreadsheet, make sure to keep the following tips and considerations in mind:
- Sometimes when you convert a PDF table to Excel, its content gets hampered due to different formats. So, the importance of checking the final content of the PDF file is top-notch. For example, suppose there are 500 items mentioned in the PDF file, and after the conversation, you see only 498 things. In such a case, if you've checked the final result, you could find the fault and rectify the same.
- As soon as you convert your PDF table to an excel document using an online tool, the final file will have a .xlsx or .xls extension (a native extension for Excel sheet).
This Is For You: How To Save Excel As PDF
- The resulting file will have cells (that is, rows and columns) in it. In short, the entire table will be converted into various rows and columns.
- The style of the text in the PDF table will be respected in the resulting Excel spreadsheet. That means if the PDF table has a different text style, your excel document will also have those text styles.
Which Programs Allow You To Convert PDF Table To Excel
As it's pretty hard to edit tables in PDF documents, there are situations when you need to convert a PDF table to an Excel file to edit the text in spreadsheet format. Undoubtedly, online tools are the best alternative to carry out this action, but sometimes that might not be good for you.
Convert PDF Table To Excel From The PC
No matter whether you're using a computer with Windows, a PC with Mac, or a Linux computer, there are different programs (other than online tools) that allow you to convert PDF tables to excel files in a more or less accessible manner depending on the type of computer device you're using.
Windows 10 And Prior Versions Of Windows
Computer with Windows operating system has an array of external tools specially designed to convert a PDF table to excel. However, the best thing is you don't need to worry about selecting a specific one, as Adobe Acrobat Reader has an in-built converter. This tool lets you save a PDF file as Excel with ease.
If you're interested in knowing how to convert a PDF to Excel on a computer with a Mac operating system, the fastest and most recommended way is to use Google Sheets. It's a Google Drive spreadsheet that can simply transform any PDF table into an Excel file, and that too within a few seconds. And the good news is the tool is relatively easy to employ.
One of the best possible solutions to convert a PDF table to excel is to use PDFedit. You can install the same on your Linux device by typing in a terminal "$ sudo apt-get update" and "$ sudo apt-get install pdfedit". Then you can import your file into LibreOffice or OpenOffice.org and save the same in excel or other formats, including ods, xls, etc.
Convert PDF Table To Excel From The Smartphone Or Tablet
With the increasing popularity of Android and iOS devices, it became essential to learn how to convert a PDF table to an excel file. And this section will talk about the same.
If you want to convert a PDF table to excel on your Android device, you can search for a tool that allows you to do the action on the Google Play Store. As soon as you explore inside its official store, you'll see a list of apps allowing users to save a PDF file like Excel. All you need is to choose an application with good reviews.
iPhone (iOS) Or iPad
You can also convert a PDF table to excel from an iPad or iPhone (iOS). To do this, you'll need to navigate to the App Store and search for a that allows users to carry out this task and download the application. And one of the best things about these is that most applications are free to use.