PDFs are awesome for sharing documents, but let's admit it, they can be a pain to edit. Don't worry, though! If you ever need to edit a PDF, you can easily convert it into a Google Doc. It is a fantastic free online Word processor that lets you edit, collaborate, and share documents hassle-free. But the main question is how to convert your files to Google Docs? And we are here to answer.
Suppose you have a research paper in PDF format, but you desperately need to make some edits. The problem is you can't edit the PDF directly. That's where converting it to a GDoc comes to the rescue! If you are looking for ways to convert your files into GDocs, you are at the right place.
In this article, we will explore different methods to convert a PDF to Google Documents, allowing you to transition from a static document to an editable format seamlessly. Whether you are using a computer, Android device, iPhone, or iPad, we'll provide step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to ensure a smooth conversion process.
Índice de Contenidos
How To Convert A PDF To Google Docs
We are happy to let you know that you don't need to download any program to convert a PDF to Google Documents. You can use our online tools. The steps to convert PDFs to Google Documents are as follows:
- Go to "PDF to Word."
- You can either click "Select PDF file", or drag and drop it to the red rectangle which says "Or Drag And Drop The PDF Here." If you choose the first option, a new dialog box will open where you need to select the PDF you want to convert.
- Wait for a few seconds, and a new page will appear on the screen with your uploaded PDF. Click on the "Convert to Word" button that you will see in the right column.
- Once the process is over, a new dialog box will open, asking you to select the folder where you want to save the document.
- Then, log in to your Google Drive account and upload the newly created document on your Docs.
- Once done, save it as a Google Doc, and you will have your file converted to Google Documents. Voila!
What You Need To Know About Converting A PDF To Google Docs
Like any other process, there are some aspects you need to consider while converting a PDF to Google Documents. These considerations are as follows:
- Of course, the time taken by the tool to upload your PDFs will depend upon different factors. It does depend on how strong your internet connection is. However, it mainly depends upon the size of your file. For example, if the file size is bigger, it will take more time to upload your file.
- Obviously, the final document won't have any watermark. So, you don't need to worry if the content of your document will be hampered or not.
- The entire process of converting PDFs to GDocs is done in the cloud. It means that you don't need to download or install any program on your device to carry out this task.
- Moreover, you can carry out this task from any device, including both smartphone and tablet.
Read More: Can A PDF Be Converted To Word?
Which Programs Allow You To Convert A PDF To Google Docs
In case you ever find yourself without internet access but still require a PDF to GDocs conversion, there are alternative options available. Although they won't be as quick and easy as using the online tool we recommended, and they may not support large files, they can still come in handy during specific situations.
Convert PDF To Google Docs On A PC
Performing the actions of converting PDFs to GDocs on computer operating systems like Windows, Mac, and Linux is always more convenient. With just a few clicks, you can easily obtain your desired results and more. It will give you the option to either download the document directly or explore other alternatives. Let's see how to complete the task on a different OS.
If you are a Windows user, you can rely on the well-known Word processing program Microsoft Word. You just need to open your file on MS Word and go to the "File" menu. Then, select "Export" and click on "Change file type." Choose the desired Word format, and save it. Finally, open your Word document with Google Docs, and you are ready!
On Mac, there isn't a specific program for converting PDFs, but you can use GDrive. Start by creating a Gmail account if you don't have one. Next, go to GDrive and upload the file you wish to convert. Then, open the document in the viewer and click on "Google Documents" at the top to open it.
Converting a PDF to GDocs on Linux is pretty straightforward. First, open the Chrome web browser and go to GDrive. Next, upload the file you want to convert. Once uploaded, right-click on the file and choose "Open with Google Docs." That's it! The PDF will be converted into a Google Docs format.
Convert A PDF To Google Docs On A Smartphone Or Tablet
If you don't have a computer but need to make the conversion from a mobile or tablet, don't worry! You still have some options available to you. There are ways to accomplish the task using your mobile device or tablet.
To convert a file to GDocs on your Android device, open the Drive app, tap the "+" button, choose "File upload," select the file you want to convert and tap "Open." Then, find the file, tap it, and select "Open with" followed by "Google Docs." It will handle the conversion and open the file within the app.
iPhone (iOS) Or iPad
If you use an iPhone or iPad, converting a file to GDocs is simple. Just open the file in GDrive, then tap the "Share and export" button and choose "Save as a Google Docs file." With these easy steps, you will be able to convert your PDFs into GDocs files right on your iPhone or iPad.