In today's digital world, we often encounter situations where we need to convert a JPG (or JPEG) file into a Word document. It allows us to retain the visual elements of the original image while providing the flexibility to modify the text within. The ability to convert JPG to Word files is handy for various purposes, such as creating professional documents, extracting text from images, or just making changes to existing content.
There are several situations where it's useful to convert a JPG to Word. For instance, suppose you have received a scanned document in JPG format and need to edit its contents; converting it to Word allows you to make changes easily. Similarly, if you come across an image with important text that you want to extract or quote in a document, converting the image to a file enables you to do so accurately.
In this article, we'll mention some of the best methods to transform JPG into Word, along with a step-by-step guide on how to carry out the task using an online tool. On top of that, you will find a few considerations you need to consider while carrying out the task.
Índice de Contenidos
How To Convert JPG To Word Step-By-Step
Online tools are one of the best ways to transform JPG into text documents. In this case, you will need to use two amazing tools by FormatPDF, and your files will be converted in minutes.
Here's a step-by-step guide you need to follow:
- Go to https://www.formatpdf.com/en/jpg-to-pdf/
- Upload the image(s) you want to convert to a PDF file by clicking the "Select JPG File" option. Alternatively, you can drag the required image onto the space that reads "Or Drag And Drop The JPG Here."
- Once your file is uploaded, click the "Convert To PDF" button to start the conversion process.
- Download your new PDF document.
- After downloading the PDF file, go to https://www.formatpdf.com/en/pdf-to-word/ to convert your PDF to a text file.
- Click the "Select PDF File" button and choose the newly downloaded PDF document. Or you can drag it onto the space which says "Or Drag And Drop The PDF Here."
- Hit the "Convert To Word" button to start the conversion process.
- Wait for the process to complete, then download the final Word document on your device.
That's it! You will have your JPG converted into a Word document.
What You Need To Know About Converting JPG To Word
While converting an image to a text document, it's important to consider a few things. These are a few considerations to remember:
- The resolution of your image file can affect the quality of your resulting Word document. For instance, if the image has low resolution, the quality of your final file is bound to be low. So, make sure to choose an image with the appropriate resolution.
- Of course, you can extract the text in an image file using Optical Character Recognition (OCR) tools while converting it to a text document.
- It's important to remember that converting an image to a text file doesn't always mean you can edit your document fully.
- Remember to select the output format DOCX while converting a file to a text document. It will ensure that your resulting document is compatible with Microsoft Word.
- After the conversion, check if the formatting and quality of your resulting file are appropriate.
Read More: How To Convert Word to JPG
Which Programs Allow You To Convert JPG To Word
Since the method we've mentioned above is completely online, you don't have to download or install any program, which makes the process way faster. In fact, converting JPG to a text file with an online tool is the best method. However, you might sometimes need to install programs to carry out the task. So, we're going to suggest some of the best options.
Convert JPG To Word From The PC
Firstly, we'll start with a computer, a widely used electronic device that you can use to convert a JPG to a text document. That's because PCs are designed to carry out such types of tasks. Moreover, it's easier to convert an image to text format on a computer than on mobile devices. In this, we'll take into account different computer operating systems.
You are in luck if you are a Windows user and need to convert an image into a text file. That's because it has Microsoft Word from Office, allowing you to complete the task quite easily. However, it's a paid program, and you must buy its premium plan to do the conversion.
Luckily, you can download Microsoft Word on Mac as well. So, you can easily convert a JPG image to a text file using the program. All you need is to pay for the Windows program. However, using an online tool on Mac is better since it's free, and you don't need to install any program on your device.
Linux users can use File Converter, which is open-source software, to convert a JPG file to a Word document. However, you will need coding knowledge to carry out the task on Linux. So, if you aren't a professional in coding, we recommend using the online tool that we've mentioned above. So that you can avoid such complications.
Convert JPG To Word From The Smartphone Or Tablet
You shouldn't forget that sometimes you need to carry out some actions on a smartphone or tablet. So, in this case, we'll see how to convert JPG to Word documents on a smartphone or a tablet (both Android and iOS).
If you want to convert an image into a Word file on an Android device, you will find plenty of apps in the Google Play Store that allow you to carry out the task quickly and easily. You just need to go to the Play Store and search for the keywords "JPG to Word converter." There you will have a lot of options.
iPhone (iOS) Or iPad
On the other hand, if you use an iOS device, such as an iPhone or iPad, and want to transform an image into Word, plenty of options are available. You just need to look for an appropriate application in the Apple App Store that allows you to complete the task easily. We recommend using the "Image to Word Converter."