JPG and PDF files are two of the most commonly used file types in the digital world. So, it’s not surprising that many people ask the question “How can I convert an image to a PDF”. Both file types are an ideal choice when it comes to storing and sharing picture content. However, there are many reasons why you might prefer to convert your JPGs to PDFs.
By converting your JPGs into PDFs, you can optimize your storage space. In most cases, PDFs use less storage while still allowing you to make changes, annotations and add comments. For that reason, many businesses choose to archive content in this format. Or perhaps you’d like to present your image as part of a presentation. If this is the case, you’ll be hoping to change the format.
Whether you’re acting on behalf of a business or tidying up personal files, you’ll want to use a converter tool to complete your task. Our image-to-PDF file converter is the easiest way to transform files. However, in the interest of balance, we will also explore alternative options. We’ve included details on how you can convert using other methods for PC and smartphones. If you’re ready to get started, let’s begin!
Índice de Contenidos
How To Convert An Image To PDF Using FormatPDF Step-By-Step
Transform JPG to PDF in just a few clicks with our online tool. You don’t need to download any additional software or pay a fee to use it, and uploading your document couldn’t be easier. Follow our step-by-step instructions below to get started:
- Go to https://www.formatpdf.com/en/jpg-to-pdf/
- Select your image file by clicking “Select JPG file” and locating the image. Alternatively, drag and drop it into the red area that reads, “Or drag and drop the JPG here”.
- The tool will upload your document in a matter of seconds. Your file will appear in front of you on the screen.
- You can change the file name if you like. Additionally, at this point, you can upload multiple pictures and merge them into one document.
- Click “Convert to PDF” and the tool will get to work with transforming your images to their new format. Once downloaded, you will have one document to use as you wish.
What You Need To Know About Converting An Image To PDF
There are a few important things to bear in mind before transforming your images to PDF. Read on for our top tips below:
- PDF is the ideal format for creating online photo albums. You can upload multiple photos to one file and annotate, make notes and edit your document to add context to the photos. Plus, you can enjoy your photos with friends and family as this format is easy to share and transfer.
- This format will not compromise the quality of your pictures despite going through a compression process. This is because the size is compressed without affecting the quality of the image pixels.
- By converting your images, you easily cut the size down, making it much easier to share multiple photos at the same time.
- Once your pictures are in this format, you can go ahead and make further changes. Using FormatPDF’s online tools, you can compress your file or edit it.
Read More: How To Convert Photo To PDF
Alternatives To Converting An Image To PDF
An online tool is the best way to convert your images. It’s fast, free and easy to use. You don’t need to pay a fee. Plus, it’s performed in the cloud, so you don’t need to download any software, sign up or take out a subscription to use it. However, you may still wish to explore other options. It’s best to be fully informed before you make any decisions, after all.
Options To Convert An Image To PDF On Your PC
Whether you use a Windows, Linux or Mac operating system, there are plenty of alternative methods for changing the format of your image file. Let’s look at some of the best options.
You may be pleased to hear that Adobe Acrobat offers a way to convert your files. However, you will need to pay a subscription fee or take out a free trial to complete your task. This requires entering some personal information and is not as easy to use as a free online image converter. You can convert JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF and TIFF files using the Acrobat online tool.
Simply open Adobe Acrobat in your browser and navigate to the “Convert to PDF” page. Drag and drop your pictures into the box. Before you can access your new document, you will be prompted to sign up for a subscription.
Mac users can convert their files by following the same method as Windows users. Adobe Acrobat provides the same program for Mac users, so simply navigate to Adobe Acrobat and drag and drop the photo you want to change into the drag-and-drop box. Sign up for a subscription when prompted.
Linux users can use the program LibreOffice to complete their task. LibreOffice Draw allows Linux users to manually arrange pictures on a page and then export the document as a PDF. Once you’ve downloaded and opened the program, you can import images into LibreOffice by dragging and dropping. Once you’re happy with your arrangement, click “File” > “Export as” > “Export as PDF” > “Export”.
Options To Convert An Image To PDF On Your Smartphone
It’s easy to convert a JPG using a smartphone. You will need to download a third-party app, but this is easily done. Follow the instructions below to complete the task for iPhone and Android users.
iPhone users can download a third-party app from iPhone’s App Store. Head to the App Store and search “convert JPG to PDF” or similar. Once you have found a suitable app, download it, open it and locate a button that will enable you to upload your images and change the format.
Users of Android devices can follow the same method as iPhone users. Locate the Google Play Store on your device and search “convert JPG to PDF” or similar. Once you’ve found an app you like, download it and upload the photo you’d like to transform. Tap the button which allows you to transform the image and receive your newly formatted images.