Excel is undoubtedly one of the most powerful tools for storing and analyzing data. However, sometimes, you may need to share your data in a different format, such as in JPGs. In fact, JPG is a very popular format for images, especially because they are small and easy to share. Moreover, they are a good choice for images that contain text since the text is readable in the JPG image.
But first, you need to understand in what circumstances you might need to transform your XML sheet into an image file. Suppose you made an Excel chart in a presentation and needed to send it to someone who doesn't have Excel installed on their device. In such a case, sharing your XML data as an image is a good option. And to do so, you need to know how to convert Excel to JPG.
And luckily, there are a few different ways to transform an XML sheet into an image. This article will discuss some of the best ways to carry out the task. We will also give you a few things you need to consider.
Índice de Contenidos
How To Convert Excel to JPG Step-By-Step
If you are looking for easy yet effective ways to convert XML to JPG files, doing it via an online tool is a great choice. For that, you can use FormatPDF, an online platform that offers various tools, including those that can help you convert, edit, and optimize different file formats.
- Go to https://www.formatpdf.com/en/excel-to-pdf/
- Click "Select Excel file" and select the file you want, or drop the required file onto the space that reads "Or Drag And Drop The PDF Here."
- Tap the "Convert to PDF" button and your PDF file will be automatically downloaded.
- Then, go to https://www.formatpdf.com/en/pdf-to-jpg/
- Upload the downloaded file by clicking the "Select PDF file" button. You can also drag and drop the file into the red area.
- Finally, click "Convert to JPG" and wait a few seconds. That's it! Your image will be automatically downloaded to your device.
What You Need To Know About Converting Excel to JPG
When you convert an XML sheet to an image, there are certain key points that you need to keep in mind. And these are as follows:
- XML sheets usually contain data arranged in charts, tables, graphs, or other visual representations. You need to understand that its formatting is sometimes affected when you convert XML to JPG. And hence it's important to check the formatting of your resulting image file before sharing it with someone else.
- It would be best to remember that formulas don't get converted when you convert your XML file to an image. For instance, if your spreadsheet contains an addition or subtraction formula, only the text and numbers in the cells will be converted, not the formulas.
- When converting a spreadsheet that contains too many colors or shading, you might see that the color accuracy gets somewhat affected.
Read More: How To Convert Excel to Word
Which Programs Allow You To Convert Excel to JPG
Even when using an online tool to convert XML to JPG, knowing how to do the task offline is important. That's because there may be circumstances where you don't have access to the internet. Therefore, it's better to know which offline method you can use to efficiently carry out the task from different operating systems.
Convert Excel to JPG On A PC
Since computers are specially designed to carry out such functions, we will first see how to convert Excel to JPG on different computer operating systems. However, before carrying out the procedure, you must determine the type of OS installed on your device, whether it's Windows, Mac, or Linux.
If you use Windows to convert Excel sheets to JPG images, you don't have to install any third-party program on your device. Just open the file you want to convert and take a screenshot. That's it! However, if you want to edit the image, you can open it with an image editing tool like Paint and edit as needed.
The same is true for Mac users. However, instead of using the "Print" program, you need to open the "Preview" app, which is pre-installed on all Mac devices. Then, go to "File" and tap "New from Clipboard." You can now easily edit your image file as much as you need. Once done, save it as a JPEG image.
Converting an Excel sheet to a JPG image on Linux is simple if you know the correct method. First of all, you need to open your spreadsheet and take a screenshot. Then, you need to open an image editing tool like GIMP or ImageMagick. If you have none of these installed on your device, download one. And then save it as a JPG file.
Convert Excel to JPG On A Smartphone Or Tablet
Sometimes you might not be able to find a PC to carry out the task. In such a case, it's important to learn how to convert Excel to JPG using a smartphone or a tablet. So, let's go!
One of the best ways (other than using an online tool, of course) to convert Excel to JPG on Android is by using a reliable third-party app. You need to search the Google Play Store and search for an appropriate app that allows such a conversion. And then install one with good ratings and reviews.
iPhone (iOS) Or iPad
On an iPhone or iPad, you need to go to the Apple App Store and search for the keywords "convert Excel to JPG." You will find a list of good options allowing you to complete the task easily. Well, just make sure to install a reliable program. You can do so by checking its ratings and reviews.