PDFs are a convenient way to share documents and information, but their large size can be a hindrance when emailing or uploading them. Thankfully, there are multiple ways to compress PDFs without needing Adobe software. Whether you’re using Windows, Mac, Linux, an Android device or an iPhone, there are various free ways to reduce a PDF’s size in a matter of seconds.
There are various reasons why you might need to compress a file without Adobe. For instance, you might need to send a large file as an email attachment, but your email provider has a size limit. In this case, compressing the PDF can help you send it successfully. Another scenario is when you need to upload something to a website with a size limit.
No matter the reason, you should know how to compress a file without Adobe. And the good news is that you can do so in various ways. Therefore it's essential to choose a method that’s appropriate for you. So, let's get started!
Índice de Contenidos
Step-By-Step: How To Compress A PDF Without Adobe
FormatPDF's "Compress PDF" is a free online tool that provides a straightforward solution to reduce the size of PDFs. It allows you to easily and quickly compress files without compromising the document's quality. The tool works by reducing the size of images, fonts, and other elements while retaining the document's overall look, layout and legibility.
To compress a PDF using the tool, follow these simple steps:
- Go to https://www.formatpdf.com/en/compress-pdf/
- Click the "Select PDF file" button and upload the file you want to compress. The file you want to compress can also be dropped in the area marked "Or drag & drop the PDF here."
- Following upload, you have three choices:
- Maximum compression
- Recommended compression
- Low compression.
Choose the one which suits your requirement.
- Click on the "Compress PDF" button on the screen's left side.
- Finally, select "Download PDF" from the menu.
It's that simple! The tool is an efficient and effective solution for reducing the size of files without Adobe. With its user-friendly interface and fast processing time, you can compress files without hassle.
What You Need To Know About Compressing A PDF Without Adobe
It's essential to keep some considerations in mind when compressing a PDF without using Adobe:
- There are many free online tools available for compressing PDFs. So, it's crucial to choose a reliable app with a good reputation.
Check Out: How To Edit A PDF Without Adobe
- Compressing a PDF often results in a reduction in the file size, but it may also result in a reduction in the quality of the file. Some free online tools may reduce the quality of the images, fonts, and graphics in the PDF. It's essential to find a balance between the two and to experiment with different compression options to find the best balance for your needs.
- If your PDF contains sensitive information, it's essential to keep in mind that compressing the file may make it easier for others to access the information. Consider password-protecting the file or using encryption to keep the data secure.
- Different tools may have different compression options. For example, some devices may allow you to compress only the images in the PDF, while others may compress the entire file. It's essential to understand the options available and choose the one that's best for your needs.
Which Programs Allow You To Compress A PDF Without Adobe
Making PDFs smaller can significantly reduce their file size, making them easier to share or upload. Fortunately, there are several programs available that allow you to reduce a PDF’s size without using Adobe. Here are some possibilities as follows:
Compress A PDF Without Adobe On A PC
Compressing a file without Adobe is always easier if you do it on a computer operating system rather than a mobile device. All you need to know is the best options available for different computer operating systems, such as PCs with Windows, Mac devices, and Linux computers.
Windows 10 And Prior Versions Of Windows
To shrink PDFs' file size without Adobe on a Windows computer, you can use the free online compression tool we've already mentioned. Another option is to use a software program like Foxit PhantomPDF or Nitro Pro, which both offer PDF compression features. Remember to reduce the file’s size using the compression settings.
An excellent way to compress a PDF without Adobe on Mac is by using Preview, the built-in PDF reader. It's included in all Mac devices, so you don't have to worry about downloading third-party apps on your computer. All you need is to open the required file with Preview, reduce the file size and save it.
One of the best ways to compress a file without Adobe on Linux is by using the online tool we've already mentioned above. However, you can also install Ghostscript on your Ubuntu device and use the required commands. If you want to use the command line to carry out the activity, you need to be very good with Linux commands.
Compress A PDF Without Adobe From A Smartphone Or Tablet
Sometimes we don't have access to a computer device but need to compress a file. Therefore, it's necessary to learn how to carry out this action on mobile devices, including Android and iOS.
If your Android device has an internet connection, you can use the online tool we've mentioned to carry out the task. Moreover, you can even download various apps developed for these tasks from the Google Play Store. Regardless of the method you choose, review the compressed file to ensure its quality and that all necessary information is retained.
iPhone (iOS) Or iPad
Similar to Android, you have the options mentioned, plus you can also search the Apple App Store for a program that allows you to compress the PDF to satisfy the necessary file size requirements. In addition, the "Files" app will enable you to carry out this activity. The best part is that this program is pre-installed on iOS devices.
You Might Also Like To Read: