You might already know that CamScanner is a well-known application that lets you and other users scan and save different document types in PDF format. But did you know that you can compress your PDFs using CamScanner? Yes, you read it right. You can easily use the application to reduce the size of your PDFs. It offers various options to carry out this task, making it manageable without losing quality.
Suppose you have a nicely done and edited file; however, your file size gets larger after scanning it. In such a case, you will face various issues uploading or sharing the document online. Sometimes you might be unable to send it via email. Although there are various ways to reduce the size of a scanned PDF, not every tool will retain its original quality.
This article will address various options to reduce a PDFs’s size with CamScanner on different operating systems, including computers (Windows, Mac, and Linux) and mobile devices (Android and iOS). Also, we'll mention a few important aspects to make your activity more efficient. So, let's get started!
Índice de Contenidos
- 1 Step By Step: How To Compress A PDF In CamScanner
- 2 What You Need To Know About Compressing A PDF In CamScanner
- 3 Which Programs Allow You To Compress PDFs In CamScanner
- 3.1 Compress A PDF In CamScanner On A PC
- 3.2 Compress PDF In CamScanner On A Smartphone Or Tablet
- 3.3 Frequently Asked Questions About Compressing A PDF With CamScanner
- 3.4 Does Camscanner Reduce The Quality Of The Compressed PDF?
- 3.5 Can I Adjust The Compression Level In Camscanner?
- 3.6 Can I Adjust The Resolution Of The Compressed PDF In Camscanner?
Step By Step: How To Compress A PDF In CamScanner
Although CamScanner is an application popular for scanning and saving documents in a digital format, it also does other functions. In fact, it also helps you to compress your scanned documents, including PDF files. That's why you might want to know how to complete the task.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how you can compress a PDF in CamScanner:
- Download the CamScanner app to your smartphone.
- Open the CamScanner app.
- On the home page, click on 'PDF Tools'.
- Next, click on 'PDF Compress'.
- Then, select the file you want to compress.
- CamScanner will now get to work compressing your file. That's it, the app has reduced your document's size!
- You can share the compressed file with others by clicking 'Share' if you want to.
However, if you don't want to use a third-party app, you can use online alternatives such as a tool by FormatPDF to reduce your file’s size.
What You Need To Know About Compressing A PDF In CamScanner
While compressing a file in CamScanner is one of the most convenient ways to carry out the task, there are a few things to remember while compressing your files. These are as follows:
- Although you can compress PDFs in the app, it cannot compress other file types, such as JPEG or PNG. So, to reduce other file types, you must use a different application or software.
- Luckily, the compression feature is available in both the free and paid versions of CamScanner. So you can decide which version to go for as per your needs. However, the paid version does offer more advanced features, which can improve the accuracy of scanned documents.
- Indeed, CamScanner is primarily used to scan physical documents and convert them to PDF format. So, the compression feature is most useful for scanned files.
Which Programs Allow You To Compress PDFs In CamScanner
Apart from the option mentioned in the above section, other alternatives can help you reduce a file’s size in CamScanner. Moreover, it's always good to have various options that work best per your operating system, whether you use computers or mobile devices.
Compress A PDF In CamScanner On A PC
Although CamScanner is a mobile application, that doesn't mean you can't use this app to reduce your file size using a PC (Windows, Mac, or Linux). So, without further ado, let's see how you can easily do the compressing stuff from your computer OS at ease.
Windows 10 And Prior Versions Of Windows
There is a desktop version of the CamScanner app, but this doesn't include the compress PDF function. As such, to perform this task with CamScanner on a Windows PC, you will need to install an Android emulator, like NoxPlayer or Bluestacks, on your computer. However, you always have the option to opt for online alternatives.
Even though CamScanner is a mobile app, it has a desktop version for Mac users that lets you compress PDF files. Here are some steps you need to follow:
- Open CamScanner and click the "Export to PDF" button.
- Select the file and tap the "Export" button.
- Choose the compression level and click the "Save" button.
Unfortunately, CamScanner doesn't come with a desktop version for Linux users. Don't worry; many other ways to compress a file on Linux exist. For instance, you can use either "Ghostscript" or "qpdf" command-line tools. However, if you aren't good with commands, you can use online tools such as "Compress PDF".
Compress PDF In CamScanner On A Smartphone Or Tablet
Since CamScanner is a mobile application, it's much easier to compress a PDF in the app from mobile devices. Whether you use Android or iOS, here you have the best method for compressing files.
Here's how to compress a PDF in CamScanner using third-party apps on Android:
- Open CamScanner on your phone.
- On the main page, click on 'PDF Tools'.
- Click on 'PDF Compress'.
- Select the file to compress.
- Let the app get to work!
iPhone (iOS) Or iPad
On an iPhone or iPad, it's the same as compressing a PDF file on Android. You must download and install the CamScanner app from the Apple App Store. Moreover, you can also install various other apps from it. However, we suggest using online tools such as "Compress PDF" by FormatPDF, so you don't have to download anything.