It can become essential to know how to change the page order in a PDF document. If you scanned the pages in the wrong order or just want your document to flow better, you may quickly rearrange the order of the pages in your PDF. One of the most straightforward solutions is to use any online application that is now available. Let's first look at some of the situations in which you might be required to complete this work, and also how can you do it.
It may occasionally be necessary to change the order of pages in a PDF file. For instance, let's say you have a number of incorrectly scanned and PDF-stored papers after converting your JPGs into PDFs. You could also need to move a vital page to the front or back of your PDF document to improve the reading flow. There are a tonne more situations where you might need to change the PDF page order.
Although there are several ways to rearrange pages in PDF files, there aren't many other options that let you do so quickly and efficiently. The pages in a PDF file can be rearranged in a variety of ways, as shown below.
Índice de Contenidos
How To Change The Page Order In PDF
If you need to change the order of pages in PDF files, the following online tool is fantastic to use. Using this program, you can sort pages in PDF files as follows:
- Go to formatpdf.com/en/organize-pdf/.
- Choose a PDF file by selecting it from the menu at the top of its home page. Additionally, you can drag the files from your desktop or a folder directly to the "Or drag and drop the PDF here" box.
- When you upload a file, you'll instantly and automatically have access to the tool that will let you organize your PDF. On this new screen, you'll be able to see all of the document's page thumbnails. Simply move the sheets by dragging them with the mouse while holding down the left mouse button.
- After the appropriate order has been given, you can complete the process by clicking the red "Order" button. Don't worry if you make a mistake; you can always go back to the tool and make the necessary adjustments.
- To get your newly reorganized PDF document, simply click "Download PDF" after the procedure is finished.
After you sort pages in PDF files, you can flip your file using our online tool to rotate PDF.
What Do You Need To Know About Change Page Order In PDF
Before we look at the different apps that allow you to change the PDF page order, let's take a closer look at some of the crucial variables we must consider when executing this action:
- If you copy or paste text incorrectly, you can use the undo option to fix it. The "Undo" button may be found in the "Tools" menu. Therefore, if the order of your PDF was initially incorrect, don't panic: you can always rotate it again.
- The quickest method is regularly copying and pasting if you only need to change a few pages. Otherwise, you risk having duplicates if you don't remove the original page after pasting numerous pages.
Check This: How To Delete Text On PDF
- Depending on how many components you've, changing the page order can take up a significant amount of your editing time. You can organize related thoughts and concepts by creating a structure beforehand.
- If you shift pages around a lot, you can have a lot of blank pages. You may quickly find them by pressing "Control" + "G" or "Control + F" and typing "page." After that, you are brought to the document's blank pages, where you can select "Delete" and then pick the desired page.
Which Programs Allow You To Change The Page Order In PDF
Online tools are, without a doubt, the most excellent way to sort pages in PDF files. Sometimes we don't want to use any online tools to rearrange PDF pages in a document to protect any data. Thanks to third-party and built-in programs, your data is protected.
Change The Page Order In PDF From The PC
Of course, you may use an online application to move PDF pages around on Windows, Mac, and Linux. However, you can use a number of excellent alternatives with other operating systems. Because of this, we've put together this concise guide on how to rearrange pages in PDF files on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Windows 10 And Prior Versions Of Windows
A versatile method for reordering PDF files and their pages is included in Microsoft's desktop operating system, Windows 10, and earlier incarnations. This method makes use of the popular program Acrobat Reader, which has the problem that many of its features require a paid subscription. If your license is still active, you can still choose to reorder PDFs, so you can do this.
There are many applications available for anyone who wants to sort pages in PDF files on Mac operating systems. While it's an excellent notion to use the "Preview" tool to reorder your PDF file's pages on a Mac, other options can accomplish the transition just as quickly.
The use of PDFArranger is one of the most fantastic options if you use Linux and want to rearrange the pages in PDF files. On Linux, you can use this application to rotate, split, reorder, and combine one or more PDF files. However, unlike online tools, there is no undo feature, so use extreme caution.
Change The Page Order In PDF From The Smartphone Or Tablet
Another valuable function of smartphones and tablets (Android or iOS) is the ability to change the order of pages in a PDF document. In this section, we'll learn more in-depth details about each of these.
Android users can reorganize their PDFs using any of the programs available for this purpose in the Google Play Store. Of course, the premium version of Adobe Acrobat Reader comes first. This is due to the fact that Adobe Acrobat Reader also provides a number of other functions, in addition to the ability to rearrange the pages of PDF files. In actuality, this premium program allows you to do a lot.
iPhone (iOS) Or iPad
While organizing PDF files on an Apple Mac is relatively simple, it turns out that doing the same thing on an iPhone or iPad is more challenging. To perform this task, you must first download an application. Visit the App Store and try searching for some keywords to find an application made specifically for this operation.