Adding a checkmark in PDFs is super simple and convenient. It's a great way to show that a task is done or approved. So, if you are dealing with forms, checklists, or any other document that requires progress tracking, checkmarks come to the rescue. They are like little stamps of completion that make your life easier. So, let's explore how to add those handy checkmarks to your PDFs effortlessly!
Let's say you have a form that needs to be filled out and signed by several people. Once everyone has signed the form, you can add a checkmark next to their name to indicate that they have completed the task. It will help you keep track of who has signed the form and who still needs to do so.
In this article, we will guide you step by step on adding a checkmark in a file, regardless of whether you are using a computer, mobile device, or online tools. You will learn easy methods to edit your PDFs with checkmarks, making it easy to organize, collaborate, and share information effectively.
Índice de Contenidos
How To Add A Checkmark In A PDF
In this section, we will show you the best way to insert a checkmark in a file, that is, via an online tool. You just need to follow some easy steps, and you will see how simple it is to carry out the task. The steps to add a checkmark in a file are as follows:
- Go to https://www.formatpdf.com/en/edit-pdf/
- Tap on the "Select PDF file" option and select the file in which you want to add a checkmark. Or you can drop the file directly to the "Or Drag And Drop The PDF Here" space.
- The tool includes different types of editing tools that allow you to write on your PDFs. Click on the "Pencil" icon to use it. Moreover, you can change the color and size of the checkmark accordingly.
- Use the mouse (for computer) or your fingers (for smartphone or tablet) to add a checkmark wherever you want.
- In case you do it wrongly, just use the "Erase" option to erase the unwanted parts.
- Once you are done adding a checkmark in the file, click on the "Download" button at the top to save the file on your device.
What You Need To Know About Adding A Checkmark In A PDF
You have already seen how simple it is to add a checkmark in a file using the online method we showed you. Now, we would like to share some useful tips and things to keep in mind. These are as follows:
- Of course, you can always convert your file to Word format if you are more comfortable editing in it, and then switch it back to PDF. FormatPDF has got you covered as we offer a variety of online converters, which are pretty easy to use.
- Make sure to double-check the downloaded file to ensure it's exactly how you want it. Simply open the file and give it a quick look to make sure everything's in order.
- Typically, if you receive a document, you are expected to insert checkmarks and return it in the same format. It is because many reading programs only support PDF files. So, it's best to stick with PDF format when submitting the completed document.
- Obviously, it's a good idea to make a copy of the PDF before adding a checkmark to it, just in case you need to refer back to it later. You never know when you might need that document again, so having a backup copy is quite handy.
Read More: How To Edit A Signed PDF
Which Programs Allow You To Add A Checkmark In A PDF
In the above section, we have shared our top method for adding checkmarks in PDFs. It's quick and saves your device's resources because it's an online solution. But we also want to provide alternative programs that you need to download to carry out the task. That's why we have dedicated the following sections to explore those options. Let's go!
Add A Checkmark In A PDF On A PC
Let's kick things off with the computer (Windows, Mac, and Linux), the ideal device for adding checkmarks in PDFs. With its large screen, mouse, and physical keyboard, it makes the process of adding checkmark forms and other documents much quicker and simpler. So, we are here to present you with some handy solutions for that. Let's dive in!
For Windows, there's a familiar face in town that remains one of the top choices despite the subscription fee. We're talking about none other than Adobe Acrobat Reader. With its premium features, you can easily add checkmarks in PDFs and send them digitally at your convenience. It's a tried and true option that's worth considering.
We have a piece of good news for Mac users! You can take advantage of Adobe Acrobat Reader, a downloadable program. It's been around for years and offers a range of useful features, including the ability to add checkmarks in PDF documents. So, if you are on a Mac, you can use Adobe Acrobat Reader since it has got you covered.
If you are a Linux user, you can use Master PDF Editor. It's one of the well-known choices for this operating system. What sets it apart is its user-friendly interface, which makes using the tool easy. With this, you will have a smoother and more enjoyable experience while working with PDFs on Linux. So, it would help if you gave it a try.
Add A Checkmark In A PDF On A Smartphone Or Tablet
We have all been in a situation where we don't have access to a computer. That's when a mobile phone or tablet comes to the rescue for filling out and signing PDFs. We've got options for you to explore offline.
Luckily, if you are an Android user, you can find apps right in the official Google Play Store that let you add checkmarks in PDFs. Just search for "PDF editor," and you will come across various options. It's pretty common to find these types of tools specifically designed for editing PDFs. However, remember to install one with good ratings.
iPhone (iOS) Or iPad
If you are an iPhone or iPad user, the App Store is your go-to for finding a range of tools to add checkmarks in PDFs. You will find plenty of options to choose from and explore. Browse through the App Store and select the one that catches your eye and has good ratings. It's that easy to add a checkmark.